To direct the overall operations of the College with the objective of ensuring effective instruction is provided to the students; financial stability commensurate with the best interests of the students and employees; establishing short term and long term objectives, plans, and policies subject to the approval of the Board of Trustees; and representing the college within the community. A leader with a strong background in current distance, hybrid, and blended instructional technologies, modalities and efficiencies, possessing critical technical and tactical acumen to continue to develop those platforms. Able to provide a strong focus on planning and development of new online, hybrid, and blended instructional platforms to support student access and enhance the learning environment. Effectively engage in obtaining external fiscal resources through philanthropic activities as well as obtaining grant funds as appropriate to the mission of SCCC. Communicate the needs and initiatives of SCCC to policy leaders (elected as well as agency personnel) at the local, regional, state, and federal level.
Education: MBA or Masters' degree in related field required. A Doctoral degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of related experience as a senior level administrator (college dean, vice-president or president). Extensive knowledge and experience of higher education initiatives, trends, activities, and policies. Knowledge and/or experience with regional higher education accrediting agencies preferred. Preferred collegiate level classroom teaching experience.
- Plans, develops, monitors, and utilize board policies to establish College strategic plan to make operational decisions to ensure institutional goals are met.
- Maintain open communication with Board of Trustees, employees, and students thru a variety of methods both printed or electronically.
- Provides supervision to employees as designated in the College organizational chart; approves appointments, employments, transfers, and terminations; and resolves conflicts that may arise.
- Represent the College to the public, local, regional, and state organizations, and policy leaders.
- Effectively enhances the College financial position thru external funding. Supports and engages in activities through the College Foundation, Booster Club, and other external grants.
- Effectively provide financial oversight of the College in order to maximize stewardship of public funds. Provide fiscal analysis as appropriate and establish objectives to ensure proposed operating and capital expenditures budgets are managed according statutory requirements in a timely manner.
- Provide compliance oversight for College Operations. Ensures that College policies are uniformly understood, interpreted, and administered by subordinates.
- Ensures the College is compliant with federal and state laws and regulations as well as accrediting agencies.
- Communicates with the Board of Trustees and legal counsel as appropriate. Participate in discussions about policy and practices. Make recommendations to the Board of Trustees and ensures completion of projects in a timely manner.
- Provides strategic and innovative leadership and implementation of online, hybrid, and blended learning strategies and teaching efficiencies in order to support enrollment and institutional growth.
Position Status: Full Time. Full Benefits. Competitive salary.
Application Deadline: July 24, 2021
Start Date: September 2021
To Apply: Submit an application package with 1) SCCC employment application; 2) Cover Letter; 3) Resume; and Transcripts by email to email@example.com or fax to (620) 417-1124.
For more information visit https://www.sccc.edu/web/faculty-and-staff/human-resources
Direct inquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at 620-417-1123.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Drug Free Campus