Clinical Director, Lamar Psychology Clinic
Position Description: Clinical Director, Lamar Psychology Clinic
The Clinical Director is responsible the administration of the Lamar Psychology Clinic, which provides psychological services to the general public and to Lamar University students, staff, and faculty. The Director is the primary coordinator of all clinical activities in the clinic, including case assignments, maintenance of medical records, and disposition/termination activities. The Director is responsible for updating policies and procedures manual for the clinical area; overseeing quality assurance of clinical activities and compliance with Texas and federal law; and providing supervision to the students providing psychological services to fulfill practicum requirements in the Master of Science in Applied Psychology program, Clinical Concentration. The Director may, on occasion, provide direct services to clients, but the role is primarily one of administration, teaching, and supervision. The Director is also responsible for the curriculum in the Clinical track of the Master’s program, ensuring that curriculum is in keeping with requirements for preparation of candidates for the Psychological Associate credential in the state of Texas. The Director will also teach courses related directly to clinical training such as psychotherapy, ethics, practicum and other courses as required by the department. The Director will also be responsible for supervising and serving on graduate student thesis committees.
Required credentials and experience.
- This position requires a minimum of a PhD in Clinical or Counseling Psychology and licensure as a psychologist. The individual should be Texas licensed or license eligible.
- The individual should have experience in evidenced-based psychological practices and the ability to teach these to trainees.
- Administrative experience/management of counseling center operations.
- Experience working with college populations, and treating a variety of clinical problems, including eating disorders, substance abuse, suicidality, and mood disorders is helpful.
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and accessibility to students and staff.
- Team oriented and a willingness to collaborate.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should apply online at: jobs.lamar.com
Applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vita, and 3 letters of reference.
Questions may be addressed to Dr. Edythe Kirk (email: email@example.com).
Lamar University is part of the Texas State University System, with a total student enrollment of approximately 14,000. Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
More search results
Dean, College of Liberal Arts
Dean of the Carlos Alvarez College of Business
University of Texas at San Antonio
Dean of the School of Social Work
Norfolk State University
Director of Business Strategy
George Mason University
Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sc…
University of Houston