The University of Tennessee at Martin
The Director of Career Services at the University of Tennessee at Martin, under the direction of the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, is charged with managing a centralized, comprehensive career center to prepare University of Tennessee at Martin students in all aspects of career development and help them achieve their career goals. Additionally, the Director is tasked with serving employers in finding opportunities for them to connect with the student talent on the UT Martin campus.
- Strategic planning and oversight of the Office of Career Services that serves the entire
University of Tennessee at Martin student population.
- Budget forecasting
- Managing human resources, including two Assistant Directors, Career Counselors and Support Staff, physical facility oversight and security, and day-to-day operations.
- Development of department’s mission/vision and value statement.
- Review new technologies and tools in the field of career services to secure the best options for UT Martin
- Management of vendor contracts.
- Lead marketing efforts that include brand management and publicizing the office to internal and external constituencies
- Provide employer development and relations for hundreds of annual employer visitors to campus.
- Manage a corporate partners program to create a forum for employers who recruit on campus and work closely with Career Services.
- Provide oversight for Student/Employer event planning that includes major job fairs each year and additional large-scale student programming events in fall and spring.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate on programming with campus departments such as Alumni Affairs, Academic Affairs and Division of Student Affairs units.
- Serve as primary advocate of career development on the campus. Interact with Deans of the University
Colleges to find ways to serve their students.
- Collaborate regularly with offices that have a role in developing students professionally.
- Plan and manage meetings of the Office of Career Services.
- Complete annual and semester assessment reports and budget responsibilities that cover student
usage, employer activity and budget expenditures. Lead office in data surveys. Assure that data
is being collected per national standards and reported and shared with campus constituencies.
- Selection and oversight of implementation for technology for online resumes, on-campus recruiting,
job listing and database system.
- Communicate with campus constituents to make the office a central repository of all job postings and encourage campus use.
- Public speaking responsibilities to groups, chambers of commerce, student organizations and academic classes.
- Primary contact for media requests on career issues.
- Serve the Division of Student Affairs in execution of its mission
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Educational Administration, College Student Personnel, Counseling, Business, Human Resources or other closely related field.
- Minimum 7 years full-time experience in career services or employment work, including progressive management experience with program development, supervision and evaluation and budgeting.
- Experience in personnel management, strategic planning, budget management and fundraising.
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide variety of people and organizations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proven record in vendor relations and contract management.
- Experience with employer outreach and development and event planning, program planning, assessment and reporting.
Ph.D. in related field.
Application Process: Applicants must apply online at www.utm.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin on June 21st, 2021
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/ Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
More search results
Dean of the J.T. & Margaret Talkington College of…
Texas Tech University
Chief Information Security Officer
Georgia Institute of Technology
Associate/Full Professor and Executive Associate …
Prairie View A&M University
Vice President of Finance and Administration
St. Bonaventure University