Integrated Library Systems Specialist, Chalon Campus
- Mount Saint Mary's University
- Los Angeles, CA
Integrated Library Systems Specialist, Chalon Campus
About Mount Saint Mary's University:
Mount Saint Mary's is the only women's university in Los Angeles and one of the most diverse in the nation. The University is known nationally for its research on gender equity, its innovative health and science programs, and its commitment to community service. As a leading liberal arts institution, Mount Saint Mary's provides year-round, flexible and online programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Weekend, evening and graduate programs are offered to both women and men. Mount alums are engaged, active, global citizens who use their knowledge and skills to better themselves, their communities and the world. www.msmu.edu
Mount Saint Mary's University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matters. A background check will be required.
The mission of Mount Saint Mary's University Libraries is to inspire inquiry, foster intellectual and personal growth, and promote the effective use of information. As an academic library serving a diverse community, we are dedicated to providing access to information resources that reflect many voices and perspectives. The Integrated Library Systems Specialist administers the integrated library system that underpins the operations of the Libraries and serves as a platform for other software applications such as discovery systems, link resolvers, library knowledge bases, and interlibrary loan programs. Additionally, the Integrated Library Systems Specialist acts as support staff for other various library systems including but not limited to 3rd party library management applications, the library website, and the institutional repository.
1. Administers and maintains the Integrated Library System/Library System Platform (ILS) for the university library. Manages, optimizes implements, troubleshoots, and documents the library's current Integrated Library System Innovative Sierra or any other ILS Platform. Serves as the primary liaison for all library staff to ILS system for troubleshooting and management within all modules such as (Circulation, Inn Reach, Acquisitions, Cataloging, Web Services) of ILS. Responsible for the successful migration to any other library platform as well as the implementation of the new ILS. In consultation with the Library Administrative team, performs global data updates and system changes to the ILS.
2. Ensures that the ILS works with other library applications such as discovery systems, link resolvers, library knowledge bases, OCLC EZ Proxy, OCLC WorldShare, OCLC Collection Manager, Innovative Inn Reach, etc. Works with the Electronic Resources Librarian and Web Development/Digital Initiatives Librarian to ensure optimal functionality of EZ Proxy, import/exporting of records, Link Resolvers, Discovery System, Knowledge Bases and Web Services. Helps troubleshoot eResource access issues. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of User Experience and Digital Initiatives, works with OIT to integrate the library ILS with library vendors as well as University wide applications including but not limited to Colleague.
3. Serves as the library's primary liaison to the University's Office of Information Technology (OIT) for library technology software applications and relevant systems. Works closely with Office of Information Technology to ensure server changes, migrations, IP address changes, single sign-on implementation, and system upgrades occur with minimal disruption to the library website, library databases, discovery service, Integrated Library Systems, library vendors and other basic library operations. Works closely with OIT staff to regularly export student, staff, and faculty data from Colleague to the ILS.
4. Helps maintain the functionality, organization, integrity, and design of the library Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC). Assists library units with project-based cataloging of records including but not limited to: AACR2, RDA, LCRI, LCPS, LC Classification, LCSH, MARC bibliographic formats and other non-MARC metadata format (Dublin Core etc.)
5. Keeps abreast of the quickly evolving library technology landscape and responsive solutions. In coordination with librarians, participates in the training and implementation of library and library related software programs including but not limited to the Sierra ILS - Innovative Interfaces, eReserves, ERMs, CMS (website), LibApps, Tableau, digital collections/institutional repository software, and others.
6. Collaborates with various Libraries' staff units to review, develop, maintain, and propose changes to MSMU's institutional repository.
7. Performs user and staff security audits for the Libraries' various 3rd party vendor platforms including terms of administrative and regular editing access and privileges.
8. Serves as back-up for the maintenance and development of the Libraries' website hosted on the Terminal Four platform.
9. May assist and/or lead various digital projects as defined by the Assistant Director for User Experience and Digital Initiatives.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves as a resource for training staff and potentially students in library software applications such as the ILS, collaboration tools, or any other academic technology applications.
2. Hires, trains, and supervises student assistants to support the ILS as needed.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
• In-depth knowledge of client/server environment, and experience with software applications needed to administer application environments. This may include Microsoft Windows Server, UNIX/Linux, Oracle/SQL Server, XML, PNX, etc.
• Knowledge of industry standards, practices, and trends in academic libraries, particularly in regards to Integrated Library Systems (ILS), Discovery Systems, Electronic Resources Management Systems (ERMs), OCLC software, and related systems. Knowledge of Library of Congress BIBFRAME developments.
• Understanding of the market regarding new and on-going development of Integrated Library Systems, Library Catalogs, Discovery Systems, Research and Collaboration, Academic Technology, Digital Archives, and related systems.
• Familiarity with common library interoperability protocols (OAI, Z39.50, SRU), metadata frameworks (MARC, Dublic Core, BIBFRAME), and cataloging principles including RDA and Linked Data is highly desired.
Abilities and Skills:
• Must have ability to ensure the functionality of the Library's Integrated Library System (ILS) and related systems such as (Discovery Systems, Knowledge Base, Electronic Resource Management Systems, OCLC software, and other related systems) are and optimized for access services, cataloging/metadata, e-resource management, and web services.
• Must be able to trouble shoot systems issues and serve as lead for resolving them.
• Mastery of client/server environment, and experience with software applications needed to administer application environments. This may include Microsoft Windows Server, UNIX/Linux, Oracle/SQL Server, XML, PNX, etc.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to lead effective training and facilitate clear and concise email communication. Technical writing skills are preferred.
• Demonstrated understanding and creation of local documentation related to library systems.
• Must have ability to work in a collegial team environment. Demonstrated ability to be flexible, adapt and learn new and emerging technologies.
• Must have strong service orientation and understanding of the library's and institution's needs
• Demonstrated commitment to work well with diverse students, faculty, staff and with non-traditional students.
• Bachelor's degree required with experience relevant to the position.
• At least three years working in an academic library, preferably as a library systems administrator or library professional with evidence of broad, in-depth technology and systems knowledge skills.
• Experience with library automation/integrated library systems, library technology, search and discovery, web services.
• Experience with migrations and implementation of new Integrated Library Systems or related systems is highly desired.
Work Location: Chalon Campus (West Los Angeles)
Start Date: Immediately
Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.
Please submit cover letter and resume.
To apply, visit https://msmu.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=131402
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Ohio University - ADMISSIONS
Transfer Credit and Articulation Analyst
Ohio University - ADMISSIONS
Associate Professor of Professional Military Educ…
Naval War College
Dean of the Libraries
Assistant Director, Access Services and Spaces, U…
Mount Saint Mary's University