Classroom Support Technician
George Mason University, Information Technology Services (ITS), located on the Fairfax, Va., campus, invites applications for a Classroom Support Technician position within the Learning Support Services, Fairfax Campus Classroom Support team. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The Classroom Support Technician will work with an enthusiastic support team to ensure that all aspects of supported classrooms, labs, and other spaces are installed, maintained, and functioning at an optimal level. The position will support, install, maintain and troubleshoot fixed mount and portable audio-visual equipment and control systems in a fast-paced, multiple building environment. The position will also support operational duties such as closing down and securing facilities, conducting inventory and access control, training staff and clients, and other departmental projects.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience relevant to the audio visual field;
- Demonstrated proficiency in successfully and efficiently supporting classroom or equivalent audiovisual technology;
- Demonstrated proficiency troubleshooting computing issues including sound, video settings, software and hardware configurations;
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot equipment and systems in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities that includes multiple sites/locations;
- Ability to learn new technologies in order to support, diagnose, and teach them to others;
- Experience working in a team environment to complete complex assignments with tight deadlines;
- Experience reading signal flow diagrams;
- Demonstrated command of written and oral communication;
- Experience prioritizing work tasks;
- Experience working at an IT help desk, field support, or similar role directly diagnosing, resolving, escalating, and effectively communicating end-user issues.
- Experience working in a higher education environment;
- Experience using automated ticketing system for incident reporting, tracking, escalation, and closing incident tickets;
- Experience reading rack elevation, block, and signal flow diagrams for complex integrated audiovisual systems;
- Experience installing and upgrading complex digital integrated audiovisual systems;
- Experience using remote monitoring and support tools;
- Experience supporting Crestron systems and remote tools;
- Vendor or industry association certification in audio-visual technologies.
Working hours: 1st position is: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday and 2nd position is: 2:30 p.m.-11:00 p.m., Monday-Friday
Salary is up to $45,000; commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. We have tuition waivers, facilities that will meet your physical fitness needs, and the campus environment is dynamic and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position 01762z at https://jobs.gmu.edu; complete and submit the online application; upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information. References must include name, email address and phone number.
- We have two positions to fill: 1st position is: 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday; 2nd position is: 2:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Must be able to climb a ladder up to 10 feet.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
More search results
Ohio University - ADMISSIONS
Transfer Credit and Articulation Analyst
Ohio University - ADMISSIONS
Associate Professor of Professional Military Educ…
Naval War College
Dean of the Libraries
Assistant Director, Access Services and Spaces, U…
Mount Saint Mary's University