Senior Director of Compliance
- Yale Medicine
- New Haven, CT
Senior Director of Compliance
New Haven, CT
Yale Medicine seeks a strategic, collaborative leader with extensive compliance expertise to serve as its Senior Director of Compliance. As the primary architect of compliance initiatives at Yale Medicine (YM), the Senior Director is responsible for ensuring the highest standards of ethical behavior and conduct related to compliance. The Senior Director will serve as a key voice in shaping the vision, strategy, and execution of an effective compliance program for Yale Medicine’s billion-dollar practice.
Yale Medicine serves as the clinical practice for the Yale School of Medicine. Its more than 1,500 doctors and over 800 advanced practice practitioners play multiple roles in advancing the practice of medicine. For more information on Yale Medicine, please visit www.yalemedicine.org.
The Senior Director will deftly navigate Yale Medicine and university partners to design and build a strategy and program that effectively addresses risk, mitigation, and oversight within a complex system of clinical affiliations across both academic and non-academic medical centers. Embodying the moral and ethical principles central to Yale Medicine, this leader will represent YM’s compliance interests in conversations with colleagues and provide critical input to shape a culture of compliance aligned with YM’s mission, vision, and values.
A key measure of the Senior Director’s successful leadership is establishing YM’s framework to meet compliance regulations. As the primary respondent to federal, state, and commercial entities, the Senior Director will work closely with the YM Board and the Office of General Counsel to ensure that all compliance matters are consistent with federal and state law, including but not limited to medical billing compliance, clinical conflict of interest, and provider credentialing.
In service of the greater university mission, the Senior Director will also collaborate and consult with various partners at Yale University to successfully identify and mitigate compliance risks and ensure that YM compliance efforts align with the greater compliance framework across the university.
Essential responsibilities for the Senior Director of Compliance include:
- Compliance Program Oversight and Reporting
- Develop, maintain, and revise compliance-related policies and procedures for the operation of YM and applicable affiliates. Establish and oversee a record-keeping system designed to document the ongoing operation of the YM compliance program.
- Strategic Leadership
- Work closely with YM leadership to understand the overall strategy of YM. Develop a close working relationship with Chairs of the Yale School of Medicine Clinical Departments and effectively interface with leadership when corrective actions are needed. Develop the strategy for the YM Compliance Program and supervise the staff of the YM Compliance
- Departments. Provide consolidated reporting of work plan activities for all YM Compliance Departments to ensure the YM Board has full transparency into compliance activities and results.
- University Collaboration
- Report directly to the Deputy Dean, Finance and Administration, Yale School of Medicine, consult with the Compliance Committee of the YM Board of Directors, participate in regularly scheduled meetings and communicate the status of compliance efforts; and report on matters related to the YM compliance program to the full YM Board.
As a strategic thinker and relationship-oriented leader, the ideal candidate will bring the skills and technical expertise needed to navigate a complex clinical practice and lead through influence to develop a successful compliance program with Yale Medicine’s valued physician and administrative partners.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics: A strategic leader and problem solver; Technical Expertise; A relationship builder and collaborator; An effective communicator and ambassador. In addition, strong candidates will also offer: A bachelor’s degree and ten years of progressive leadership experience in a compliance program is required. An advanced degree in Healthcare, Law, or Accounting strongly preferred.
Koya Leadership Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Tom Phillips and Marisa Chock are leading this search. Make recommendations or express your interest in this role here. View the full position description here. All nominations, inquiries, and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance.
More search results
Assistant Director, Access Services and Spaces, U…
Mount Saint Mary's University
Dean of School of Interdisciplinary Studies
Texas Christian University
Executive Director for The Environmental Collabor…
Vice Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, S…
University of Pennsylvania
Director, Udall Center for Studies in Public Poli…
The University of Arizona