Assistant Director of Facilities, Housing Services
Carnegie Mellon University’s Housing Services and the Office of Residential Education create a lived experience that supports, engages, and inspires students throughout their university experience. It's the place they call home, the place where they will learn more about themselves, their community, and the world around them. Within a 24/7 community of support, staff and residents build important relationships that inspire exploration, growth, and learning.
Carnegie Mellon University’s department of Housing Services within the division of Student Affairs is searching for an Assistant Director of Facilities, Housing Services. This is a dynamic opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department by providing essential support by overseeing all small facilities projects within Housing Services, Dining Services or Greek Facilities along with improving safety efforts.
On many occasions the Assistant Director takes a leadership role to approve and provide oversight on projects. They will oversee the distribution of work tasks to appropriate staff/crews, oversee summer capital project work; and use data to establish and maintain best practices and recommend changes that positively impact the organization. Execute management of assigned budget and monitoring of expenses during projects is essential along with researching, understanding and implementing changes based on industry trends and standard methodologies. Working closely with various campus departments, including (Dining, the Division of Student Affairs, Computer Services, Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S), Facilities Management and Campus Services (FMCS), Campus Design and Facility Development (CDFD), FMCS Contracted Custodial Services, and University wide Access Control). Ability to cultivate a network across the organization and use relationships developed to improve departmental functioning is vital.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Acting as a departmental liaison with FMCS, CDFD, EH&S, and Computing Services for all small projects and daily services
- Execute management of assigned budget and monitoring of expenses during projects
- Coordinates ongoing maintenance activities in assigned housing buildings and campus facilities
- Serves as liaison to customers and responds to their individual concerns
- Directs the activities and operations of CMU’s Custodial Services operations to assure buildings are maintained in a clean, orderly, and safe condition
- Implement replacement projects along with preventative maintenance initiatives for the facilities
- Providing guidance to formulating the annual operating budget and create a budget that anticipates and responds to infrastructural, mechanical, and aesthetic facility's needs
- Coordinating feasibility reviews, cost estimates, bid preparation, etc. in coordination with CDFD and FMCS is required on all projects
- Manages and coordinates small projects from original concept through final implementation integrating structured project management methodology
- Ensure adequate communication is maintained regarding all projects by providing updates
- Receives and coordinates after hours service response requests (on-call)
- Other duties as assigned
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within Student Affairs. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience required
- Background Check
- Child Protection Clearances
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity? Please apply!
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance: https://www.cmu.edu/policies/administrative-and-governance/statement-of-assurance.html.
More search results
Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administ…
University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture
Vice President for Admissions and Marketing
Director, Weisman Art Museum
University of Minnesota
Dean, Center for Naval Warfare Studies
Naval War College
Instructor in Social Work
University of Southern Indiana