ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR IN RISK COMMUNICATION IN VACCINE SCIENCE AND INFECTIOUS DISEASES
The Department of International Health seeks a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor specializing in risk communication in vaccine sciences and infectious diseases. The successful candidate will be based in the Global Disease Epidemiology and Control (GDEC) program of the Department of International Health. Responsibilities include contributing to ongoing research as well as maintaining an independent program of externally funded research, graduate-level teaching, and participation in University service activities. The successful candidate will join a diverse group of faculty with broad expertise in control of important infectious diseases and in vaccines, including faculty in the Center for Immunization Research, the Institute for Vaccine Safety, and the International Vaccine Access Center.
Required skills and experience:
- Expertise in the development, implementation, and evaluation of health communication strategies to effect behavior change, particularly in the field of immunizations and control of infectious diseases.
- Experience with mixed-methods research methods and established research in risk communication in domestic or international settings
- Ability to be an effective teacher and mentor, as evidenced by communication skills, clear expression of ideas and demonstrated commitment to teaching, mentoring, and advising students.
- A successful track record of publishing in peer-review journals and demonstrated ability to successfully compete for external research funds.
- Experience in multidisciplinary collaborations on immunizations and control of infectious diseases will be viewed favorably.
- Experience instructing graduate level courses and mentoring students is desirable.
PhD, ScD or DrPH in public health or social science discipline e.g., social/behavioral sciences, communication, social epidemiology, sociology/anthropology/psychology, global health, or another relevant field.
More search results
Dean of the J.T. & Margaret Talkington College of…
Texas Tech University
Chief Information Security Officer
Georgia Institute of Technology
Associate/Full Professor and Executive Associate …
Prairie View A&M University
Vice President of Finance and Administration
St. Bonaventure University