Chief, Pediatric Emergency Medicine Opportunity
- Stony Brook Children's
- Long Island, NY
Chief Appointment – Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Stony Brook Children’s - Long Island, NY
On behalf of Dr. Carolyn Milana, Chair, Department of Pediatrics at Stony Brook Children’s, CareerPhysician, LLC, a leader in academic pediatric leadership recruitment, has initiated a national search to identify a transformational leader to appoint as the new Chief of Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
The Chief will have the responsibility to advance the regional and national reputation of the Pediatric Emergency Medicine program and embrace a vision that encompasses the mission and values of Stony Brook Children’s; dedicated to delivering world-class, compassionate care to children, while advancing the understanding of the origins of human health and disease, and educating healthcare professionals and biomedical investigators of the future, so they can bring the fruits of scientific discovery to pediatric patients and their families.
- The new Chief will align and report directly to the Chair of Pediatrics and will play an integral role in the planning and expansion of a new emergency medicine department, identifying opportunities to increase clinical volumes, work with divisional resources to initiate a PEM fellowship program, and create a framework for more robust scholarly activity, including research.
- The fellowship program is in the final stages of ACGME approval, and much of the early legwork is complete. The new Chief will be tasked with identifying a fellowship director to mentor and launch the program, which is expected to offer one fellowship position per year.
- The joining Chief will step into an established, collaborative team of 7 PEM fellowship trained physicians, 3 general pediatricians, 2 experienced PEM nurse practitioners, treating approximately 22,000 patients annually with full sub-specialty support, including 24/7 NICU and PICU coverage. Additionally, the division is supported by a child abuse physician and SANE nurse.
- We believe this to be one of the top leadership opportunities in Pediatric medicine based on the immediate opportunity to play a critical role in the expansion of the new department, the strength of current faculty, the chance to launch a fellowship program and the fiscal commitment from departmental and hospital leadership to grow research programs and resources.
- The Institution is willing to support seasoned leaders or individuals seeking their initial Chief role with mentorship, coaching and the fiscal resources necessary to recruit strong faculty and build respected clinical and research programs.
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Mark Lozano at email@example.com, or at 469-553-9311. All interactions will remain confidential, and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant.
Stony Brook Children’s is an AA/EOE/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.
More search results
Dean of the J.T. & Margaret Talkington College of…
Texas Tech University
Chief Information Security Officer
Georgia Institute of Technology
Associate/Full Professor and Executive Associate …
Prairie View A&M University
Vice President of Finance and Administration
St. Bonaventure University