Associate Director for Student & Young Alumni Programs
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Amherst, MA
Associate Director for Student & Young Alumni Programs
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Reporting to the Director of Student & Young Alumni Programs, the Associate Director for Student & Young Alumni Programs will plan and execute outreach and engagement strategies across the country specific to student and young alumni programs with the goal to increase constituent and donor awareness, participation, and philanthropic investment; expand volunteer advocacy and involvement in supporting key campus priorities; and foster lasting connections between alumni, students, the University, its Schools and Colleges, and the Alumni Association. The Associate Director will collaborate with colleagues representing Advancement, Schools and Colleges, Student Affairs, University Relations and other campus units to identify strategic objectives and manage associated outreach and programming initiatives. In addition, the Associate Director will cultivate, steward, and mobilize various volunteer networks and travel throughout the country as needed to support student and young alumni programming initiatives.
- Plan and execute student and young alumni outreach and engagement programming strategies to inform, involve and invest substantial numbers of constituents as university donors, volunteers and advocates, and to raise the profile of UMass Amherst across the country.
- Collaborate with Advancement, Schools and Colleges, Student Affairs, University Relations and other campus partners to identify strategic objectives by their respective engagement interests; develop annual program plans and associated budgets in accordance with key priorities; utilize programming opportunities to deliver strategic messaging in support of campus initiatives; monitor assignments and execution of all program logistics, marketing efforts, and donor stewardship opportunities as appropriate.
- Introduce and manage strategies to support campaign efforts and fundraising goals for assigned student and young alumni programs, taking advantage of faculty and dignitary travel schedules, student activities, school/college initiatives, and donor cultivation opportunities; identify and engage prominent alumni, prospects, key affinity groups and corporate contacts in support of philanthropic initiatives, alumni programming, student internship and coop opportunities, and mentoring activities.
- Serve as primary advisor to the Student Alumni Association and GOLD Council volunteer networks; advise and supervise the organizations' executive boards and membership; provide counsel on program development, implementation, and budget management; ensure organizational compliance with University policies and procedures; represent the organizations to campus and divisional leadership.
- Cultivate and mobilize as warranted an active, engaged and diverse base of volunteer support for student and young alumni programs through personal contacts and ongoing relationship management; coordinate placement of volunteers in appropriate opportunities; support development and delivery of ongoing volunteer communications, training opportunities, and stewardship activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Student & Young Alumni Programs and Senior Director of Alumni & Constituent Programs.
- Bachelor’s degree, with 4 years of relevant and progressively responsible experience to include event planning, program development, and/or alumni, donor and volunteer relations initiatives.
- Proven experience with budget development and management.
- Demonstrated aptitude and ease in fostering relationships with a wide range of constituents and varying levels of authority to achieve institutional goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
- Evidence of an understanding and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Valid driver’s license with ability and willingness to travel independently and/or work evening and weekend hours as required.
- Experience using CRM and project management platforms.
- Experience working within a higher education or non-profit environment preferred.
Monday–Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm; nights and weekends as required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references. Apply by Sunday, May 23rd, 2021, in order to ensure priority consideration. Search may remain open until a suitable candidate pool has been identified.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://careers.umass.edu/amherst/en-us/job/507990/associate-director-for-student-young-alumni-programs
About UMass Amherst:
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
More search results
Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administ…
University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture
Vice President for Admissions and Marketing
Director, Weisman Art Museum
University of Minnesota
Dean, Center for Naval Warfare Studies
Naval War College
Instructor in Social Work
University of Southern Indiana