For a complete job description and to apply, please visit our job site at http://jobs.fitchburgstate.edu.
General Statement of Duties: The Director of Student Accounts/Bursar is responsible for providing leadership and direction in a complex and fast-paced environment for the Student Account/Bursar Office. This challenging role leads the department in serving multiple programs, including state supported undergraduate, and self-supporting graduate and extended campus, each with differing calendar starts, billing schedules and deadlines, rate schedules, in alignment with University strategic plan and priorities. The Director is tasked with coordinating efforts of the unit in conjunction with the Enrollment Management team leadership to identify and implement new initiatives to streamline operational/system efficiency, support the development of new programs, while also providing superior customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and management of all activities and systems related to student accounts to insure integrity of the operations and records.
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management, School of Graduate, Online and Continuing Education, and other offices to support the recruitment and retention goals of the University.
- Represent the department with regard to technical system optimization and capabilities to support the development and growth of new programs and initiatives.
- Overall responsibility for all student and third party billing, cashiering, collections, payment plans, student book advances, financial aid disbursements and refunds.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate department personnel. Organize and assign duties and responsibilities for the effective, efficient and timely completion of tasks and delivery of superior customer service.
- Collaborate with Enrollment Management and Student Affairs colleagues (Financial Aid, Registrar, Admissions) and Finance & Administration to develop, recommend, and implement policies and procedures to best serve the needs of the University.
- Communicate with and provide guidance to students and their families with regard to student billing policies, processes and procedures. Exercise discretion and professional judgement with regard to the management of the office in response to customer needs.
- Prepare communication materials for written, electronic and web-site formats, insuring information remains current and accurate.
- Maximize utilization and deployment of technology tools to manage the Student Accounts operation, including the Banner Student Accounts Receivable Module, Touchnet’s electronic payment solutions, etc. Enter and review billing rules, rates, etc. for each program and term.
- Oversee the daily cashiering and deposit activity and ensure controls are implemented and operating.
- Analyzes, develops, and implements applicable State and Federal laws and regulations, university policies and procedures as it relates to the operation of the Student Accounts office. Maintain confidentially of student information and ensure that staff remains in compliance with FERPA.
- Responsible for the preparation and reporting of Student Accounts information for the various internal and external reports required by the University, the Commonwealth, and/or the Federal Government (including University Audit, 1098T tax reporting, write-offs, etc.)
- Oversee the collections of delinquent accounts; Nursing and Perkins Loans and the State Intercept Program. Manage unclaimed credit balances for remittance, including student outreach and reporting to the State.
- Responsible for managing the budget for the Student Accounts Office.
- Serves on various committees as appointed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Finance and Administration.
- Bachelor's degree required in business, management, accounting or a related field
- Five or more years of full time professional experience in college student billing or accounting-related area, of which at least two years have been in a supervisory and managerial capacity.
- Technical and functional proficiency in the use of computerized billing and accounts receivable systems; adept at use of spreadsheets, databases, and electronic records and reporting systems. Demonstrated experience in leveraging systems to support to support changing programs and priorities.
- Knowledge of higher education principles, practices and procedures, as well as regulations that apply to Student Accounts.
- Demonstrated success managing staff and office operations. Ability to lead a team frequently under time pressures in a high transaction environment while managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse population of students and families, as well as staff and administrators
- Demonstrated success with and commitment to exceptional student service.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a check conducted by the Criminal History Systems Board (CORI check) as well as a complete background check satisfactory to the university.
- Ability to perform above duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Master’s degree in business, higher education administration, or a related field.
- Familiarity with Banner Student Accounts Receivable, Touchnet electronic payment systems, Crystal reports.
- Experience supervising in a collective bargaining environment.
- Motivated self-starter, with strong financial, leadership and organizational skills.
More search results
Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administ…
University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture
Vice President for Admissions and Marketing
Director, Weisman Art Museum
University of Minnesota
Dean, Center for Naval Warfare Studies
Naval War College
Instructor in Social Work
University of Southern Indiana