Blackburn College, a unique four-year liberal arts college with a one-of-a-kind student-managed work program located in Carlinville, Illinois, invites nominations and applications for an outstanding leader as its next Provost. The Provost is a key member of the President’s leadership team. The Provost is responsible for providing leadership and administrative oversight in support of the College’s strategic plan and priorities, especially for departments that fall under the Provost’s purview and for our academic programs, all while supporting campus and our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Candidates should be proven leaders, strategic thinkers, and seek pragmatic, creative solutions to challenges. Candidates should be collaborative leaders that are serious about their role as mentors to students, faculty and staff and should be deeply committed to Blackburn’s mission and vision. The interested candidate will demonstrate a sincere interest in and understanding of higher education, and have an appropriate terminal degree.
The successful candidate will possess the following required education, skills and abilities:
- An earned terminal degree.
- Respect and appreciation for the small liberal arts college experience in higher education.
- Team-oriented with strong communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work well with others.
- Able to use data to prioritize, organize, and operationalize action leading to results.
- Experience and interest in growing and strengthening traditional and innovative academic programs
- Experience in working with disciplinary and institutional accreditation and willingness to take on a leadership role with respect to accreditation
- Demonstrated effectiveness in administrative and leadership capacities in a college or university, including familiarity and collaboration with enrollment management, business and finance, student affairs, physical plant, marketing, performance evaluation, state and federal certification.
- Demonstrated skills in working with, and successfully motivating, faculty and staff members to establish goals, implement plans, evaluate, solve problems, and meet deadlines. Goal-oriented.
- Demonstrated commitment to transparent and inclusive leadership, shared governance, and amicable conflict resolution.
- Experience with academic program review, curricular development, and all levels of assessment.
- Experience with student academic support programs, instruction and information technology, developing programs to attract and retain traditional and novel student populations, and the development of other revenue streams.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and trouble-shoot complex situations.
- High degree of professional discretion, integrity and good judgment.
- High standard of professional conduct, ability to maintain confidentiality, and the ability to establish credibility throughout the organization and with all stakeholders, including the Board of Trustees, the President, Faculty, Staff, Students, Alumni, and members of the President’s Cabinet.
- Ability to act as the liaison with the appropriate committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Strongly motivated; a self-starter.
A complete Leadership Profile may be found at: https://www.agbsearch.com/searches/provost-blackburn-college.
For additional information about Blackburn College and the position, please visit our website employment page at https://blackburn.edu/faculty-and-staff/employment/
Applications will be received, and the confidential review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications (in MS Word or PDF format) must include: 1. a letter of interest describing relevant experience along with a diversity, equity, and inclusion statement describing what DEI means to you and why a commitment to DEI is essential in higher education today, 2. curriculum vitae, and 3. five professional references with email and telephone numbers (references will not be contacted without prior authorization from the applicant). All applications will be handled in confidence.
Inquiries, applications, and nominations should be sent to: BlackburnProvost@agbsearch.com or directed to:
Oscar C. Page, Ph.D.
Executive Search Consultant AGB Search
Blackburn seeks to build an inclusive faculty and administration that can engage the interests of a diverse population; underrepresented persons are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful applicant must provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Blackburn College is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment-based immigration sponsorship is not offered for this position.
More search results
Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administ…
University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture
Vice President for Admissions and Marketing
Director, Weisman Art Museum
University of Minnesota
Dean, Center for Naval Warfare Studies
Naval War College
Instructor in Social Work
University of Southern Indiana