Associate Vice President for Finance
- Pennsylvania State University
- University Park, PA
Associate Vice President for Finance
The Pennsylvania State University invites applications for the position of Associate Vice President for Finance. Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Finance and Business/Treasurer, the Associate Vice President (AVP) for Finance serves as a member of the Finance and Business leadership team and:
- Provides strategic leadership and operational oversight of the financial, accounting, tax, and treasury services of the University and its affiliates, including Penn State Health, the Corporation for Penn State, and its subsidiaries.
- Works collaboratively with University executive leadership and key internal and external stakeholders to ensure exceptional oversight of University finances.
- Provides recurring reports to Board of Trustees' Committee on Audit and Risk and Committee on Finance, Business, and Capital Planning regarding University accounting and finances.
- Serves as lead administration liaison to the Finance, Business, and Capital Planning Committee and Subcommittee.
- Works collaboratively with executive leadership in the development, execution, and monitoring of the University's capital plan.
- Assists in preparation and oversight of Intercollegiate Athletics budget and financial, strategic, and capital plans.
- Provides oversight for preparation of University financial statements and responds to audit inquiries.
- Ensures financial and business policies, processes, and services are developed and executed to advance the strategic mission of the University in accordance with federal, state, and University guidelines.
- Presents to credit rating agencies and advises Senior Vice President for Finance and Business/Treasure on emerging financial trends impacting the University's credit rating.
- Assists in the negotiation of significant financial partnering agreements, including real estate, with University-wide impacts.
- Assists in investigation, development, and implementation of potential University-wide cost-savings initiatives to help advance affordability and accessibility.
- Establishes strong relationships with Trustees, campus partners, and external stakeholders, including bankers, investment advisors, legal counsel, auditors, and others.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
- MBA or a master's degree in a related discipline
- CPA highly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of senior-level accounting, finance, and reporting experience with increasing levels of responsibility, preferably in a higher education environment
- Prior experience serving at a large research university
- Experience working successfully with Board of Trustees
- Strategic thinker with exceptional planning skills and ability to translate plans into actions
- Inquisitive and detail oriented
- Trustworthy, honest, and highest level of integrity, ethics, and personal accountability
- Skilled and inspirational leader of teams who prioritizes team mentoring, team development, collaboration, and succession planning
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated diplomacy in persuading and influencing a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong emotional intelligence with a commitment to organizational engagement
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to successfully advocate for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
- Management style that fosters a collegial work environment
Penn State is the land-grant university of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and is consistently ranked among the top public universities in the country. Penn State has 24 campus locations, 19 academic colleges, 17,000 faculty and staff, and 100,000 students, including a medical college, two law schools, a health system, and an online World Campus. Penn State maintains a strong balance sheet, with total assets of $17 billion and credit rating of Aa1 (Moody's) and AA (Standard & Poor's). Total annual budget for fiscal year 2021 is $7.1 billion. The position is based at the University Park campus, the University's largest campus, located in State College, PA.
For more information, please visit Penn State's home page at https://www.psu.edu/
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Associate-Vice-President-for-Finance_REQ_0000012178-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Dean of the J.T. & Margaret Talkington College of…
Texas Tech University
Chief Information Security Officer
Georgia Institute of Technology
Associate/Full Professor and Executive Associate …
Prairie View A&M University
Vice President of Finance and Administration
St. Bonaventure University