This position is responsible for planning and executing custom stewardship plans that deepen donor relationships with Miami University through personalized and meaningful engagement. The position collaborates with development staff and other campus partners who have relationships with donors. The position is an integral member of the Stewardship & Donor Relations team and reports to the Director of Donor Relations.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion1, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. We recognize that every Miamian has a unique story and unfortunately, many are marked with challenges and pain based on one or more of their identities. We thus acknowledge the painful and difficult experiences at Miami past and present. We are committed to recognizing and celebrating all Miamians. We aspire to connect Miami with our diverse constituencies and create pathways for current and future Miamians of all backgrounds. We choose to honor Miami University’s holistic approach to and definition of diversity as our guide2. This statement is only a part of Advancement’s efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively collaborate with development staff to create and implement highly-personalized stewardship plans that strengthen relationships with major gift donors.
- Monitor the status of stewardship plans and provide helpful notifications to remind development staff to complete assigned tasks.
- Develop a personalized menu of stewardship touches that are meaningful to each donor.
- Oversee an efficient system for tracking upcoming and completed stewardship activities that will withstand changes in development staff.
- Manage relationships with a pool of select donors and make personal visits with donors as necessary.
- Coordinate campus visits to connect donors with the beneficiaries of their giving.
- Support other donor engagement projects and support the Stewardship & Donor Relations team as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience, including fundraising, donor relations, communications, or public relations.
- Must be self-motivated, work independently, have a strong attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Must work collaboratively and be an excellent team player.
- Must be creative and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
- Proven success building relationships with donors in a large nonprofit organization.
- Previous project management experience.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
More search results
Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administ…
University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture
Vice President for Admissions and Marketing
Director, Weisman Art Museum
University of Minnesota
Dean, Center for Naval Warfare Studies
Naval War College
Instructor in Social Work
University of Southern Indiana