Assistant Professor in Interior Architecture at Sacramento State University
The Department of Design at California State University, Sacramento is currently accepting applications for a full-time tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of Interior Architecture. The Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Interior Architecture is a recently approved program that replaced our long standing Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design. It is one of four degrees, along with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography, Graphic Design and Bachelor of Arts in Design Studies that form the Department of Design, which is housed in the College of Arts & Letters.
This program instruct students in areas of technical and aesthetic expertise, broadens their understanding of the history and theory of architectural and interior design, as well as ground students in the cultural and professional practices necessary to be an effective interior architect.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Contribute to the development of the BFA in Interior Architecture degree by developing new modalities of thinking that can be used to build a framework for anti-racism and gender diversity in our critical and practical dialogue that translates to tangible pedagogical and curricular development and change. Instruction responsibilities may include design studios, computer drawing labs and architectural history courses. Will also contribute to the ongoing administrative tasks of running the Interior Architecture program, including student advising, the hiring and mentoring of part-time faculty, and other related activities. The retention, tenure and promotion process at the Department, College and University levels at Sacramento State involves reviews of the individual’s service and contributions to the Department of Design and the University through participation in Department, College, and University level committees and organizations, as well as, ongoing commitment to active engagement with the local and regional community through service.
• Master of Architecture (M.ARCH), Master of Interior Architecture (M.I.A.) or Master of Arts (M.A.) or Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) in Interior Architecture or Interior Design.
Special Knowledge and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of architectural design methods, principles, practices and processes as demonstrated by your academic or professional work and/or your students’ work.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate this knowledge to others.
• Demonstrated expertise in history and theory or expertise in the emerging trends in computer-assisted architectural design.
• Demonstrated knowledge in inclusive and culturally competent teaching and learning pedagogies is a highly desired qualification for applicants.
• Experience working with students and colleagues of diverse backgrounds and experiences
• College or university level teaching experience
• Experience in professional practice
This is a full-time tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor rank beginning in the Fall 2021 semester. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and professional experience.
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications on April 23, 2021. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Application for employment requires:
1. Letter of interest
2. Statement of teaching philosophy and creative practice
3. Current curriculum vita
4. Contact information for three professional references
5. One letter of recommendation
6. Examples of personal work
7. Unofficial transcripts attesting to highest degree earned
8. (for candidates with teaching experience) Examples of students’ work and sample syllabi
In addition, applicants are invited to submit a statement describing their approach to teaching and pursing creative/scholarly activity in a culturally diverse academic community.
The letter of recommendation (# 5 above) should be e mailed directly by the recommender to Professor Shelly Duff at email@example.com. E mailed letters should have “Sac State INTD Search” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered complete until the recommendation letter has arrived.
More search results
Assistant Vice President for Finance and Administ…
University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture
Vice President for Admissions and Marketing
Director, Weisman Art Museum
University of Minnesota
Dean, Center for Naval Warfare Studies
Naval War College
Instructor in Social Work
University of Southern Indiana