- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Cincinnati, OH
On behalf of Dr. Charles Hattemer, Division Chief, Cardiovascular Health & Disease, CareerPhysician, LLC, a leader in academic leadership recruitment, has initiated a national search to identify a heart failure specialist who exhibits a passion for the mission of academic medicine and shows promise as a thought leader in the field.
The joining faculty will have the responsibility to advance the regional and national reputation of UC Health’s Heart Failure Program and embrace a vision that encompasses the values of University of Cincinnati and the college of medicine, dedicated to “patients and families first,” respect, integrity, inclusion, discovery, and empathy.
- Currently, the Division of Cardiovascular Health & Disease has 41 physician faculty members; 6 of whom are dedicated to the heart failure and transplant service. Additional support includes 6 advanced practice clinicians, 3 full-time CT surgeons, Critical Care Anesthesia and a 24-bed Cardiovascular ICU.
- UC Health’s Advanced Heart Failure Treatment Center is one of the largest exclusive heart failure programs in the region. The Center diagnoses and treats approximately 3,000 heart failure patients every year and is the sole Heart Transplant Center in the region. UC Health is ranked in the “Gold Plus” category in Heart Failure by US News and World Report and is recognized by the American Heart Association’s ‘Get with the Guidelines’ program at both UCMC and WCH.
- This position is being recruited to support UC Health’s strategic plan to expand the heart failure/heart transplant service line. The Heart Transplant program received reaccreditation from CMS in FY2015 and has maintained accreditation while it continues to grow. The program performed 10 heart transplants in 2020, and nine LVADs and is poised for aggressive growth in 2021.
- The Heart Failure team is well supported by the Extracorporeal CPR program (eCPR), the Pulmonary Embolism Response Team, ECMO, VAD and three accredited clinical fellowship programs, with a strategic goal of accreditation for a heart failure fellowship program. Additionally, there is robust clinical trials support structure within the Division and the Department of Internal Medicine and ongoing outreach partnership and collaboration with nearby rural hospitals.
- We believe this to be a top faculty appointment in heart failure and transplant based on unwavering institutional support for faculty and for continued deployment of abundant resources to develop infrastructure to grow a comprehensive, world-class program.
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Mark Lozano at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 469-553-9311. All interactions will remain confidential and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant. University of Cincinnati is an AA/EOE/ADA/veteran employer committed to excellence through diversity.
More search results
VISITING ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in HUMAN GEOGRAPHY
VISITING ASSISTANT PROFESSOR in PHYSICAL GEOGRAPH…
Vice Provost & University Librarian at Washington…
Chair, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular P…
University of Massachusetts Medical School
Lecturer in Management and/or Marketing (Two Posi…
Maine Business School