Cleveland University-Kansas City invites applications from dynamic, inspiring, and successful fundraising leaders for the position of Vice President of Advancement.
- The Vice President of Advancement reports directly to the President and will take a leadership role in strategically developing, implementing, and expanding the fundraising program, including annual, major and planned giving, endowment, capital and special gift campaigns, foundation relations and alumni relations, and advancement services and donor stewardship.
- The position will engage university leadership, deans, faculty and staff in the advancement process.
- The Vice President will provide oversight of fundraising, and coordinate closely with alumni relations, marketing and public relations.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of related experience is required (five years is preferred).
- Cleveland University-Kansas City (CUKC), a private, nonprofit institution, was founded in 1922 by Dr. C. S. Cleveland Sr., Dr. Ruth R. Cleveland; and Dr. Perl B. Griffin. The original college enrolled three students in its first class, and graduated its first doctor of chiropractic in 1924.
- Today, CUKC is led by Dr. Carl S. Cleveland III, the grandson of the founders, and is comprised of the College of Chiropractic and the College of Health Sciences. CUKC fosters a community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni who are tightly bonded by a shared passion for wellness and health promotion.
- In addition to Chiropractic education, Cleveland University-Kansas City offers a Master of Science in Health Education and Promotion (M.S.H.E.P.), and a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Human Biology. The B.S. in Human Biology is also an accelerated program with the potential for completing a four-year degree in three years. The university’s newest degree is the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Exercise Science. Students learn the science of how the human body moves and how exercise supports healthy living, improves performance, and helps prevents disease.
For more information about this opportunity, to include a complete listing of Responsibilities and Required Skills/Experience, please review the Position Profile. If the direct link doesn’t work in this advertisement, please go to our website at https://eflassociates.cbiz.com/ and click on Open Positions and Higher Education.
EFL Associates (https://eflassociates.cbiz.com/), an executive search firm, is assisting Cleveland University-Kansas City with its search for this important leadership role. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm. Nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence and candidates will remain confidential until the final stage of the search, at which time the express permission of finalists will be obtained before making their candidacy public. In addition, no contact to references will be made without prior approval of the candidate. To be considered for this opportunity, please follow the application steps outlined below:
- STEP 1: Complete a brief online application (2-3 minutes).
- STEP 2: Please send your letter of interest and résumé or curriculum vitae to CUKCVP@eflassociates.com.
- Application deadline is May 15, 2021.
- Semi-Finalist Interviews are tentatively scheduled for June 15-16, 2021.
- Campus Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of July 5, 2021.
- The desired start date is August/September 2021.
Steve Waldron, JD
VP & Managing Director, Higher Education Practice
NOMINATIONS & APPLICATION QUESTIONS
If you would like to provide a nomination, please email all pertinent information (including an email address and phone number of the nominee) to:
Ms. Angela Lilje
Practice & Project Manager, Higher Education Practice
Cleveland University-Kansas City does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Cleveland University-Kansas City does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.