Associate Vice President, Enrollment Management
- Northern Arizona University
- Flagstaff, AZ
- Commensurate with Experience
Oversees the fiscal and administrative functions of the Client Services Team and the Operations and Compliance Team in the Scholarships and Financial Aid area; also serves on the Enrollment Management Leadership Team responsible for strategizing all enrollment department goals and delivering student-centered service to prospective and current students. A cover, letter, resume, and three professional references are required in addition to a completed NAU application.
- Has employment decision authority for a department consisting of 25 full time staff and 20-25 part time student workers; provides input to how performance and rewards are determined; has ultimate decision authority for a departmental operating budget of ~$2,450,000.
- Oversees 2 Director positions and other senior-level staff; leads staff through coaching and development; maintains effective leadership culture at all levels; monitors outputs and outcomes of completed work to ensure compliance and functional efficiencies to delivery of service to students and campus partners.
- Applies advanced skills in financial planning, policy development, negotiation, and facilitation of work critical to success; applies broad management leadership capability; applies and prioritizes awareness of federal, state and institutional financial aid issues and trends; applies broad knowledge and understanding of functions across multiple university areas.
- Drives improvement and quality initiatives within the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid in support of Enrollment Management, with a focus on data integrity, customer satisfaction, and efficient processing as it relates to federal, state and institutional financial aid.
- Serves as a key decision maker on the Enrollment Management Leadership Team.
- Develops effective awarding strategies and processes for increasing the quality and selectivity of the enrollment management processes.
- Key member in the creation and development of the strategic marketing and recruitment plan as it relates to scholarship and financial aid opportunities, as well as other enrollment management strategies. Provides important insight and recommendations for achieving annual enrollment goals.
- Oversees the administration and management of approximately $400 million in financial aid each year to ensure appropriate awarding and distribution and fiscal accountability. Analyzes progress toward university recruitment and retention goals and presents information to leadership and/or constituent groups.
- Serves as the face of the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid and the greater Enrollment Management division within and outside the University, professionally in all interactions.
- Ensures that the department effectively carries out the duties related to the implementation and evaluation of initiatives.
- Administers the management of goals and policies and is the ultimate source of authority of federal, state, and institutional regulations.
- Participates in formulating and administering departmental policies related to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to ensure compliance with the multiple federal, state and institutional regulations and their support of the greater Enrollment Management division.
- Analyzes costs, activities, operations, and forecasts data to determine departmental progress toward stated goals.
- Provides leadership direction as it relates to the administration of financial aid to Enrollment Management in long-term planning of enrollment management activities/programs. Assures the quality of these activities/programs through staff training, effective assessment, and the utilization of technology, process and policy development.
- Sets up systems to maximize efficiencies of staff utilization through cross training. Ensures staff training to provide high level of customer service and compliant processing of federal, state, and institutional
- Collaborates with multiple departments across campus - including Athletics, Foundation Office, Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Human Resources and Institutional Research – to develop student-centered activities and implement compliant policies and procedures for the distribution of federal, state and institutional aid.
Minimum Requirements: An Advanced degree (Master’s, PhD, EdD, etc.) or the highest directly applicable professional certification; 5-7 years of supervisory experience, 8+ years relevant experience, and 4+ years leading across higher education or a combination of related education, experience and training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles of enrollment and financial aid programs, policy implementation, and department administration.
- Knowledge of higher education administrative systems and related business principles.
- Knowledge of higher education law and/or compliance, including FERPA, Title IX, Title IV funding, HIPAA, etc.
- Budget development and fiscal management skills.
- Expert level of strategic planning.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft SIS, Salesforce CRM.
- Possesses strong leadership practices.
- Possesses strong problem solving, organization and analytical capabilities.
- Uses impartial judgement, diplomacy and equity while working with various stakeholders.
- Motivates and empowers staff and facilitate communication across individuals and teams.
- Speaks publicly effectively and with confidence.
- Promotes a diverse, inclusive environment.
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on the HR website or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
To view the original post and to apply, proceed to nau.jobs, follow the 'Faculty and Administrator Openings' link, locate vacancy 605291, and then "Apply" at the bottom of the page.
More search results
Executive Director of Internal Audit
Western Washington University
Advanced Assistant or Associate Professor - Histo…
University of Massachusetts Lowell
Assistant Director Residence Life
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Director of Student Accounts
Dean, School of Public Health
University of Minnesota