Dean of Student Life
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Dean of Student Life (at our George Williams College campus in Williams Bay, WI) assists the Vice President of Academic and Student Life with the design and implementation of programs and services to ensure student success and retention. The Dean of Student Life works with faculty and staff to create opportunities for students to integrate their undergraduate curricular and co-curricular experiences and to reflect on their personal/professional growth in accordance with the University’s mission.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists the Vice President with the development of co-curricular programs that focus on student engagement and retention.
- Coordinates all-campus programming; leads the campus programming team.
- Supervises the Director of Student Life and the Resident Director.
- Develops and support a strong residential life program.
- Develops and implements an annual student leadership training program and a student leader hiring process.
- Serves as a member of the first-year experience team including coordinating orientation and other activities/labs.
- Serves as a member of the senior-year experience team.
- Serves as a member of the Behavioral Intervention Team.
- Leads efforts in Diversity Programming.
- Leads community/volunteer service opportunities for students including an annual Alternative Spring Break experience.
- Oversees the student judicial process.
- Serves as a liaison to Campus Safety and Health Services.
- Monitors student life budget in conjunction with the Director of Student Life and in consultation with the Vice President.
- Serves as a member of the Academic and Student Life Services team, attending staff meetings and actively participating in such programs as recruitment and registration events and commencement.
- Represents the Vice President in his/her absence and as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Student Personnel Administration or related field
- 10 or more years experience working with undergraduate students.
- Proven record of commitment to student learning, success and retention.
- Awareness and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student body.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a student-centered oriented and professional manner.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to interact with diverse group of student, faculty, and staff and to develop strong relationships with colleagues, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
- General writing, computer and math skills.
- Ability to move about campus.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person and via electronic media.
- Some evening and weekend hours required.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
email@example.com - email (preferred)
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.