Senior Educational Program Administrator
- University of Connecticut
- Hartford, CT
Senior Educational Program Administrator
Under the general direction of a School of Social Work administrator, and operating within the guidelines of the University’s contract with the Department of Social Services (DSS), a Senior Educational Program Administrator provides consulting and educational services in the areas of organizational development, quality improvement initiatives, staffing and program development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as an advisor to DSS executives and managers regarding organizational development initiatives, quality and process improvement initiatives, and program and service implementation; assists in the development and implementation of long-range strategic goals and plans.
- Works closely with Federal, State and community partners to align workforce and services within their area of public welfare policy such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Medicaid, Medicare Part D, State Supplement, SAGA and TFA programs. Analyzes inconsistencies, forms strategies, and implements appropriate interventions.
- Recruits qualified participants to the program through promotional activities and contact with target population; assesses educational need of target population and recommends courses of action to meet those needs.
- Provides professional development counseling to DSS staff; recommends course programs; monitors trainee progress and recommends to management performance improvement measures and interventions.
- Develops and administers workshops, training programs, and conferences in accordance with DSS program goals. Develops or oversees the development of training procedures, manuals, and other training aids.
- Participates in the management of a complex web-based system for program registration, training records and materials, tracking and evaluation of training which supports the delivery of services; generates reports as needed.
- Manages approved budget for program or sub-unit of major program; approves expenditures, within broad guidelines; may generate income, set fees, and oversee billing and accounting procedures; prepares budget reports and projections.
- Collects and analyzes DSS service data and participates in evaluating service effectiveness; designs and implements needs assessment and evaluation tools; identifies problems and makes changes, within prescribed guidelines, or recommends major changes.
- Serves as a resource to students, staff and state legislators on matters relating to interpretation and application of DSS program policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Researches, designs, and provides innovative organizational and educational models to management that support agency staff and enhance service delivery; conducts review and assessment of results.
- Oversees administrative and support functions for service area, including the management of DSS project teams and project members; provides coaching and other management interventions to ensure that project team members meet project goals.
- Trains and evaluates the effectiveness of DSS staff; determines the most productive distribution of work assignments to meet program goals; makes staffing recommendations.
- May infuse training curricula with multicultural principles to enhance responsiveness to unique cultural challenges.
- Represents DSS on committees; may present at national and/or local conferences.
- Is responsible for School of Social Work special projects which may be on-going or short-term and which require planning, coordination, and supervision.
- Keeps abreast of changes to social services laws, regulations, and policies.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social, behavioral science or discipline appropriate to the program to be served and a minimum of five to six years of relevant experience including 2 years of experience as an advanced or senior team member or working as a project lead; or a Master’s degree and four to five years of relevant experience including 2 years of experience as an advanced or senior team member or working as a project lead.
- A background in organizational development, teaching and/or training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social welfare programs and services.
- Excellent project management, administrative and organizational skills, including ability to identify and resolve administrative problems.
- Ability to develop, plan, organize and facilitate workshops. Experience presenting information to diverse groups in classrooms, presentations, forums, and other venues.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with staff and administrators as well as external agencies/groups and the public.
- Ability to conduct assessments/research, analyzes data, and apply data to individual, group, and/or organizational settings.
- Experience managing and leading project teams.
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite specifically in Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams, and Excel.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of state eligibility and enrollment systems such as CCSES, ImpaCT, and the HealthCare Exchange System.
- Demonstrated ability to design curriculum with application of adult learning principles, multicultural design and criterion referenced instruction.
- Proven ability and experience in organizational development in large scale, complex organizations.
As this position is funded under an annual contract with the University of Connecticut’s School of Social Work and the Connecticut Department of Social Services, this is a 12-month appointment subject to annual renewal. This position is primarily based in the Connecticut Department of Social Services Hartford location. As a University of Connecticut employee, there is a full benefit package.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495126 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on March 29, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
More search results
Department Head of Financial Planning, Housing an…
University of Georgia
POSTDOCTORAL TEACHING AND RESEARCH FELLOW, STRATE…
US Naval War College
Associate Vice Chancellor, Finance
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Vice Provost, Graduate & International Education,…
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Assistant Director, Office of Social Justice, Inc…