Executive Director for Recruitment and Admissions for VCUarts
The School of the Arts at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCUarts) seeks a collaborative, people-centric, data driven and seasoned administrator with experience working at an advanced level who will provide innovation and leadership to the School’s recruitment and admissions activities. The Executive Director for Recruitment and Admissions will be committed to attracting and identifying talented undergraduate and graduate students with a high potential to be successful at a top ranked art school which is embedded in a research university and surrounded by a culturally rich, synergistic, urban environment. The successful candidate will spearhead an assessment and design and implement a strategy which builds on the School’s current practices. In doing so, the Executive Director for Recruitment and Admissions will take a systematic and analytical approach to understanding the changing higher education landscape, demographic shifts, student interests and needs in order to develop a long-term sustainable framework.
This position reports to the Executive Associate Dean for Administration and will work closely with the Dean and other academic and administrative leadership and key stakeholders to support and execute the School’s admissions and enrollment initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution.
• Must demonstrate a professional presence and maturity in dealing with a variety of audiences, external and internal to the school and university.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion or a commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU.
• Significant higher education admissions experience at both the undergraduate and graduate level at a selective accredited institution or relevant experience in marketing, recruiting, and admissions.
• Success in evaluating and improving the practices of the student admissions experience, including timely, effective, and positive engagement with students and families.
• Understanding of the current and future recruitment, admissions and enrollment landscape of higher education.
• Extensive experience utilizing data and applying technology with a CRM system to effectively recruit and enroll students.
• Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills, and a proven commitment to developing collaborative relationships both on- and off-campus.
• Demonstrated commitment to outstanding customer service and professionalism.
• Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to effectively engage, inspire, and influence across a wide range of audiences and constituents.
• High personal energy level. Enthusiasm. Sense of humor. Personal presence. Poise and tact when working under pressure.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of team in a vibrant and diverse environment; experience in mentoring and retaining a talented team.
• Outstanding collaboration skills are required.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, applications are due by April 5, 2021. For the full position announcement and to submit an application, please visit the VCU job site at VCU eJobs: https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/104043. Applications will only be accepted via VCU eJobs.
For more information on VCUarts, please visit arts.vcu.edu. Virginia Commonwealth University, please visit vcu.edu and https://www.vcu.edu/about-vcu/facts-and-rankings/.
Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to providing accessible and equitable living, learning and working environments free from discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or disability.
More search results
Director Academic Resources
University of North Carolina at Pembroke
Senior Vice President for Talent, Culture, & Huma…
Ohio State University
Chief Diversity Officer
University of Delaware
Director of Finance and Operations
Friends’ Central School
Academic or Clinical Program Management & Service…
University of Iowa- College of Public Health- OEH