Associate Vice President/Chief Human Resources Officer
- Clemson University
- Clemson, SC
Clemson University is seeking a dynamic leader on the cutting-edge of human resources strategy development and deployment. Clemson’s new Associate Vice President/Chief Human Resources Officer will report to the University’s Executive Vice President for Finance and Operations and will help implement the University’s strategic plan, ClemsonForward, with the laser focus required to improve the University’s ability to attract, retain, reward and develop the organization’s best assets – its people.
This position has the opportunity to provide actionable strategy as a member of the University’s Executive Team -with a scale, scope and accountability similar to AVP/CHRO’s at Fortune 500 organizations. The ideal, results-driven candidate will lead a highly-successful HR organization that includes 10 directors/direct reports who manage an additional 54 personnel providing operational support of the University’s talent acquisition, classification and compensation, benefits, learning and performance, employee relations, HR information technology, customer service, data center, records management and international employment.
Clemson University’s new AVP/CHRO will lead the University’s HR organization to provide unparalleled customer service through superior credible, accurate, reliable and consistent delivery of the University’s suite of HR services. The successful candidate will propel Clemson towards accelerated growth and achievement in research, innovative teaching approaches, diversity, and inclusive excellence, all while improving the quality of the workplace for the University’s diverse faculty and staff.
The successful candidate will have excellent business acumen and will possess superior skills with respect to collaboration, problem-solving, and communications. A Bachelor’s degree* and experience in a senior leadership position encompassing all or a significant portion of an HR organization is minimally required. The following qualifications are required:
- A track record of success leading an HR organization from the development of strategy through the implementation of enterprise-wide solutions and services
- Experience leading organizations in positive, new directions and developing a culture of service
- Significant experience with all facets of human resources management to include the deployment of an enterprise-wide compensation strategy
- Strong foundational knowledge of talent management and the deployment of strategic recruiting and retention programming
- An extensive track record of forming highly effective internal and external relationships and collaborations
- A track record of leading efficiency/process improvements, which result in heightened customer satisfaction
- Experience optimizing the functionality of existing HR systems (PeopleSoft, Kronos, Interfolio, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the culture, structure, change management and decision-making processes of higher education
*An advanced degree is preferred.
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC is assisting the Clemson University in this search. Applications and nominations are now being accepted. For a full application package, please submit a cover letter, CV/ resume, list of five references, and questionnaire (supplied by Greenwood/Asher). Confidential inquiries, nominations, and application materials should be directed to Greenwood/Asher and Associates. Submission of application materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. The search will be conducted with a commitment of confidentiality for candidates until finalists are selected. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made; however, the priority consideration date is March 16, 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Clemson University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate against any person or group on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or genetic information. Clemson University is building a culturally diverse faculty and staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and encourages applications from minorities and women.
More search results
Department Head of Financial Planning, Housing an…
University of Georgia
POSTDOCTORAL TEACHING AND RESEARCH FELLOW, STRATE…
US Naval War College
Associate Vice Chancellor, Finance
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
Vice Provost, Graduate & International Education,…
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Assistant Director, Office of Social Justice, Inc…