Vice President for Enrollment Management
Mount Aloysius College in partnership with the search firm Scott Healy & Associates, invites applications and nominations for the position of Vice President for Enrollment Management. This position reports directly to the President and serves as a member of the President’s cabinet. The VPEM participates in institution-wide strategic planning, implementation, and policy development for enrollment management and financial aid.
The VPEM will be responsible for the development, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of the institution’s comprehensive strategic enrollment plan, initiatives and outcomes aimed at increasing new student enrollment, retention, and graduation rates while providing vision and leadership to the institution in all areas of enrollment management.
The successful candidate will partner with Mount Aloysius stakeholders including senior administrative and academic leadership, faculty, staff, students and alumni to achieve strategic enrollment goals.
Mount Aloysius College:
Mount Aloysius College is a private, comprehensive Catholic college located in Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands, serving a diverse community of learners - over 60% of whom are non-Catholic. The College has a long history of responding to community needs through relevant academic programs and community service. Mount Aloysius is located on a 193-acre campus in Cresson, PA, Cambria County. Founded in 1853 by the Dublin, Ireland-based Religious Sisters of Mercy, Mount Aloysius is one of 17 such institutions in the United States and is a member of the Conference for Mercy Higher Education (CMHE).
With appropriate governance by an engaged Board of Trustees, Mount Aloysius is driven by its mission to:
Respond to individual and community needs with quality educational programs in the tradition of the Sisters of Mercy. Each student will have the opportunity to acquire knowledge and develop values, attitudes, and competencies necessary for life-long learning within an environment that reflects a liberal arts orientation and a Catholic, Judeo-Christian heritage.
Mount Aloysius College offers more than 70 programs of study leading to Associate, Bachelor, and Master’s degrees in the arts and sciences, nursing, and allied health fields. In Fall 2020, the College enrolled 940 full-time, 182 part-time, and 1,684 dual enrollment students. The College boasts nearly 17,000 alumni world-wide.
The College provides small class sizes, and students benefit from a highly engaged faculty and staff. Mount Aloysius students are mainly from Pennsylvania and the mid-Atlantic Region; however, students from 24 states and 25 foreign countries also call Mount Aloysius home.
Notable achievements include:
- Named by U.S. News and World Report as a Best Regional College and ranked as a College of Distinction with Student Horizons for seven consecutive years;
- Earned College of Distinction status for Nursing, Business and Education;
- Named as a College of Distinction, a Catholic College of Distinction and a Pennsylvania College of Distinction;
- Named to the G.I. Jobs 2019 list of Military Friendly Schools, which honors the top 15% of colleges and trade schools nationwide doing the most to embrace America’s service veterans;
- Named a Best Value School for three consecutive years.
The College is located in the scenic Southern Allegheny Mountains of Pennsylvania which offers a host of outdoor activities in all four seasons. A system of State Parks is convenient to the College, as are shopping malls, golf courses, and numerous historical sites.
Students, faculty and staff enjoy both the security of campus and proximity to State College to the northeast and Pittsburgh to the West. Various cultural opportunities are available close to campus including a minor league baseball field, and several well established local theaters, including the Cresson Lake Playhouse and historic Mishler Theater in Altoona. World-class symphony orchestras can also be found in both Johnstown and Altoona. Pittsburgh is a 90-minute drive and offers world-class performing and fine arts, professional sports teams, an international airport, and more expansive shopping and dining options.
The Position: The VPEM will oversee and be responsible for the leadership, management, and direct supervision for the Offices of Admissions and Student Financial Aid. She/he will provide leadership in designing the institution’s enrollment and marketing/communication plans and strategies. The new VP is expected to make sophisticated use of high-quality data-driven, evidence-based enrollment decisions, utilizing best practices in enrollment management. This will occur while inspiring others throughout campus to work and serve collaboratively in achieving enrollment goals, and improving retention and graduation rates in partnership with the academic side of the house.
The VPEM must be innovative and adept at promoting current academic and student-centered programs, as well as bringing forth recommendations for new recruitment and enrollment initiatives, marketing and communication strategies, financial aid leveraging strategies, retention, tuition net revenue strategies, and academic programs that match the College’s mission, resources, and market demand.
Qualifications: To be considered for the position of Vice President for Enrollment Management, the ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in enrollment management, admissions, and financial aid within higher education;
- Considerable experience in data-driven enrollment operations as demonstrated by sustained growth in enrollment, diversity, academic quality, and/or increased retention and graduation rates;
- Track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies to increase new student enrollments while increasing awareness of all the institutional programs and mission to a wide spectrum of audiences;
- Experience positioning an organization, in collaboration with marketing, to raise its profile, both internally and externally, through various media and with various constituents;
- Working knowledge of current methodologies in enrollment management, admissions processes, institutional marketing strategies, and financial aid leveraging;
- Entrepreneurial spirit while at the same time, deeply collaborative throughout the College and the College community;
- A strong understanding of marketing research skills and financial aid leveraging;
- Experience in implementing and evaluating a comprehensive enrollment, financial aid, and marketing/communication plan;
- Extensive experience bringing others together to advance an institution-wide enrollment management structure and environment;
- Master’s degree.
Application and Nomination Process: Mount Aloysius College has retained the national search firm Scott Healy & Associates to oversee and manage the entire search process. All applications and nominations should therefore be directed to:
Dr. Scott F. Healy, President
Scott Healy & Associates
- Applicant materials should include a Cover letter outlining experience and success in the areas described in “The Position”; a complete and up-to-date Resume; list of 5 professional References with name, title, institutional affiliation, email address and direct phone numbers. (References will not be contacted without written permission from the candidate.)
Applications submitted by March 22, 2021, will receive priority consideration. The desired start date for the selected candidate is early summer, 2021. The search process will remain open until the position is filled.
Non Discrimination Statement: Mount Aloysius College strictly prohibits and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination against any person on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability or handicap, national origin, race, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information or veteran status in the administration of its admissions and employment practices, educational policies, financial aid, scholarship and loan programs, athletics or any other College administered program.
Applicants needing reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (814) 886-6519.
Mount Aloysius College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. (Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
More search results
ASSOCIATE DEAN FOR DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSI…
University of Florida
Program Manager, Entrepreneurship and Employer Se…
Chief Diversity Officer
Fielding Graduate University
Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Pittsburgh