Salary Range $45,898-$88,272/annually DOE
*THIS POSITION WILL BEGIN AUGUST 2021*
The Mathematics Faculty will provide instruction in statistics and mathematics courses in alignment with CGCC’s college goals and learner-centered instructional philosophy to a diverse student population. The incumbent will use multiple methods and modalities of instruction, assessment and appropriate technologies to engage students and promote student success. The Mathematics Faculty will demonstrate a commitment to rigorous curriculum, innovative strategies for teaching and learning, collaboration, service excellence and professional development.
- Supervises, instructs, evaluates, and monitors learning of a diverse population of students in classroom, or online, using a variety of learning strategies such as active learning, service learning, instructional technology, or other as appropriate. Reviews, revises, and develops curriculum. Is available on campus to support and mentor adjunct faculty. Maintains office hours to assist and advise students.
- Actively participates in service to the college that contributes to the support of student learning. Service includes involvement in district-wide, campus and departmental committees, activities, and initiatives.
- Develops and enhances knowledge of subject matter taught and individual skills required to stay current with new trends and developments in the field, including attendance at conferences, courses, seminars, and/or workshops.
1. A master's degree (or higher) in any of the following areas is within the teaching field of mathematics: mathematics, probability, statistics, applied mathematics, actuarial science, operations research, and decision sciences
OR a master’s degree (or higher) in math education with six (6) or more graduate semester hours in mathematics, probability, statistics, applied mathematics, actuarial science, operations research, or decision sciences
OR a master’s degree (or higher) in any field with eighteen (18) graduate semester hours in mathematics, probability, statistics, applied mathematics, actuarial science, operations research, or decision sciences. Up to nine (9) graduate semester hours in mathematics education or in physics, engineering, or computer science courses with significant mathematical content may be applied to the eighteen (18) semester hour requirement
2. EDU250-Teaching and Learning in the Community Colleges-or equivalent must be completed within two years of date of hire
Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) will not discriminate, nor tolerate discrimination in employment or education, against any applicant, employee, or student because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status (including document abuse), age, disability, veteran status or genetic information.
To review entire job announcement and application requirements, please go www.jobs.maricopa.edu and apply to Job Id: 314804. You must apply on or before March 30, 2021 to be considered.
More search results
Program Manager, Entrepreneurship and Employer Se…
Chief Diversity Officer
Fielding Graduate University
Assistant or Associate Professor of Veterinary Im…
Texas Tech University School of Veterinary Medicine
Tenured/Tenure-Track Associate/Full Professor and…
Parkinson School of Health Sciences and Public Health, Loyola University Chicago
Provost and Chief Academic Officer