Director of Undergraduate Admissions
- University of Mary
- Bismarck, ND
Director of Undergraduate Admissions
The Director of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for overseeing the entire undergraduate admissions process from lead generation to enrollment of students to all traditional undergraduate academic programs at the University of Mary in Bismarck, ND. He/she establishes the annual plan and the processes – informed by industry best practices and tailored to our unique needs – to meet the enrollment expectations outlined in the University’s strategic plan.
Candidates will be invited to demonstrate a willingness to support the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- In conjunction with the Vice President for Public Affairs, prepares an annual operations plan and budget, appropriately assigning financial and human resources to ensure that the recruiting goals of the university are met.
- Supervise and manage the admission representatives and administrative staff. Hold regular meetings to monitor performance of admissions staff to ensure quantitative and qualitative objects are met.
- Works in a collaborative manner with leadership in the academic schools, financial aid, student account services, housing, and registrar’s office to meeting institutional enrollment goals and ensure seamless service for all students and with the athletic arm of the university to ensure effective recruitment of athletes in accordance with Division II guidelines.
- Structure, document and implement Enrollment Services organizational processes and procedures to ensure efficiencies.
- In collaboration with University leadership, develop a strategic marketing plan to meet student inquiry goals and with effective collateral and events to be used during the recruitment process.
- Coordinate with the Office of Financial Aid to optimize financial aid for student recruitment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours for travel and events outside of the normal working day. Weekend and evening work may occur depending on recruitment activities.
Desired Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field is required, with a preference for a Master’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communication, or Education
- A minimum of five years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; proficiency and demonstrated success working in both traditional and non-traditional student markets; ability to manage and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Upholds and supports the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities
- Builds a culture of ready and earnest hospitality in the Office of Enrollment Services and throughout the university, in accord with Saint Benedict’s admonition that all be received as Christ
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Individual must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to work and lead a diverse team in a fast-paced environment of constant change. Must possess a strong public service orientation to effectively interact and work with prospective and current students, staff, organizations, business and all partners and contacts of the University of Mary.
We thank you for your interest in the University of Mary. Founded in 1959 by the Sisters of Annunciation Monastery, the campus overlooks the beautiful Missouri river and is located in Bismarck, North Dakota, a community of approximately 80,000 people, with wonderful family and parish life, friendly neighborhoods, enjoyable recreational and cultural facilities, a low crime rate, clean air, and excellent schools. The University of Mary, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students, is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
For more information on the University of Mary, please watch a short video by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/Go37Hy6QrVs
How to Apply:
Please click here to submit your application.
Review of application materials will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer