Dean, Craig School of Business
- California State University, Fresno
- Fresno, CA
Dean, Craig School of Business
California State University, Fresno (Fresno State) invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the Craig School of Business. In its next Dean, Fresno State seeks a visionary, entrepreneurial, and collaborative academic leader who will reinforce and strengthen the School's regional and national reputation.
Fresno State, one of the 23 campuses of the California State University system, is the premier regional university serving Central California's diverse and growing community. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while interacting with the state, nation and world. Service to the region is an important part of the University's mission. The prestigious Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching awarded the University its Community Engagement classification, acknowledging its extensive partnership with Central California. California State University, Fresno, with a current enrollment of more than 23,000 students, is a minority-serving institution, a federally designated Hispanic-serving (HSI), and an Asian American, Native American, and Pacific Islander-serving (AANAPISI) institution, reflecting the rich diversity of Central California.
The Craig School of Business was first established as the Department of Commerce in 1928. Today, the Craig School is proud to be recognized as one of the best business schools, taking pride in offering students a quality and cost-effective education and a wide array of networking opportunities. The School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The School is home to the Departments of Accountancy, Finance and Business Law, Information Systems and Decision Sciences, Management, and Marketing and Logistics; is supported by 65 full-time tenured and tenure track faculty, 29 staff members; and has an operating budget of approximately $9 million.
Undergraduate students have an opportunity to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree from the following Departments: Accountancy, Finance and Business Law, Information Systems and Decision Sciences, Management, and Marketing and Logistics with several options including: Accounting, Finance, International Business, Real Estate/Urban Land Economics, Computer Information Systems, Data Analytics, Management, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Sports Marketing, and Logistics and Supply Chain Management. The School also offers a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and a Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Merchandising.
The School's MBA programs were the first in the California State University system to receive accreditation by AACSB. Additionally, the MBA programs are consistently ranked at the top of the Best Business Schools list by the Princeton Review. Most recently, the Online Blended MBA program was ranked as one of the "Best Online MBA Programs in California" by mba-compass.com. As one of the few business schools with these credentials in Central California, the Craig School of Business attracts the highest caliber students in the region, as well as accomplished international students.
The Dean of the Craig School of Business reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Dean is responsible for the quality and effectiveness of the academic programs within the School, as well as decisions related to faculty recruitment, research and sponsored programs, AACSB accreditation, development and fundraising, and resource and facility allocations.
The Dean is the spokesperson for business education on campus and in the region, and will be expected to lead in the implementation of high quality academic programs; inspire collaboration across the campus on instructional and research projects; maintain and develop productive partnerships with business, industry, and community leaders; collaborate with advancement and other university leadership to pursue significant private support for the college; expand external funding from grants and contracts; demonstrate a commitment to the education and training of business professional and leaders; collaborate with other deans to advance joint initiatives; provide leadership in improving student success through innovations that enhance teaching and learning.
Fresno State embraces multicultural traditions and is highly focused on student success and meeting the educational needs of many first-generation, students of color, transfer, DACA, veteran, and international students. The Dean will have the opportunity to lead the School in advancing academic excellence through diversity and inclusion; and therefore, the Dean is expected to embrace and seize this unparalleled opportunity.
Leading candidates will possess:
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution and a record of teaching, scholarly achievement, service, and other qualifications that merit appointment as Professor in one of the School's disciplines;
- A successful record of academic administrative leadership and experience at the department level or above, preferably five years, including management of fiscal and personnel resources;
- Experience in AACSB accreditation, program evaluation and review, strategic planning, and programs for student advisement, recruitment and retention;
- Experience in obtaining and managing major grants and contracts, as well as the ability to facilitate substantial growth in grant and contract activity among faculty;
- Successful experience collaborating with faculty and administrators from other colleges and units across campus;
- Experience with graduate degree programs such as MBA and Executive MBA, non- traditional programs, accelerated bachelors, and study abroad programs;
- Experience in developing and growing new academic programs;
- Commitment to working with an ethnically, culturally and linguistically diverse campus and community; and a sensitivity to the needs of all students;
- Demonstrated commitment to faculty governance and staff professional growth and development;
- Effective communication skills and ability to listen, consult, and reach consensus; and
- Demonstrated experience in the area of fundraising and external relations, as well as in spearheading broader advancement efforts; to build relationships and to connect donors and community partners with philanthropic opportunities.
For a full list of qualifications visit: https://www.storbeckpimentel.com/pd/FresnoCSBD.pdf.
Application / Nomination Process
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue to accept applications and nominations until the position is filled. Priority consideration date is February 19, 2021. Applicants must submit a current curriculum vitae, a letter of interest describing relevant experience and interest in the position.
Nomination letters should include the contact information of the nominee. Applications and letters of nomination should be submitted by email to:
Alberto Pimentel, Managing Partner
Emy Peña, Partner
Refer to code "Fresno CSB Dean" in the subject line
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates
6512 Painter Avenue, Whittier, CA 90601
California State University, Fresno is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency