Senior Vice President for Administrative and Fiscal Services
Montgomery College (Maryland) invites applications for the position of Senior Vice President for Administrative and Fiscal Services (SVP), to begin no later than July 1, 2021. Reporting directly to the president, Dr. DeRionne P. Pollard, the SVP leads the administrative operations of Montgomery College to advance the mission, strategic plan, master plans, and goals of the College. Reporting directly to the SVP are the chief business/financial strategy officer, the chief information officer, the chief human resources officer, the vice president of facilities, and the director of public safety and emergency management.
Do you want to join us in our mission to provide an exceptional education experience and foster student success all in an effort to empower our students to change their lives? The faculty and staff of Montgomery College are integral to meeting this mission.
The Senior Vice President for Administrative and Fiscal Services is the senior-most person responsible broadly for all administrative operations at Montgomery College.
The senior vice president must be committed to the principles of servant leadership, the community college mission, equity and inclusion, team work, and participatory governance, and possess the characteristics of sound judgment, flexibility, creativity, openness, integrity, resourcefulness, and humility.
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in a discipline such business administration, finance, accounting, economics, public administration, educational administration or other related field.
- Successful progressively responsible experience in supervision and team building, fiscal management, in areas such as finance, budget development and implementation, organizational management, or education administration.
- Demonstrated experience in supporting senior leadership vision and institutional priorities.
- Demonstrated abilities to manage a division with broad span of responsibilities, project management and in proactive approaches identifying problems and creating innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to convey complex information in accessible terms.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity to analyze problems, determine solutions, and take decisive action leading to successful results and outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity to anticipate conditions and plan ahead to overcome challenges or capitalize on opportunities.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity of being an innovative financial leader able to develop, analyze, and implement effective and innovative budget, financial, and/or administrative strategies.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity of leadership including commitment to equity and inclusion, and superior interpersonal skills to manage and coach employees to build strong, trusting, and credible relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Doctorate or terminal degree from an accredited institution in a discipline such as, business administration, finance, accounting, economics, public administration, educational administration, or other relevant field.
- Experience leading and managing change through transparent and collaborative teamwork
- Administrative/executive work experience in public higher education including a deep understanding of culture, trends, and mission
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and explore options to maximize facilities, technology, human capital, and fiscal resources to advance student success
- Experience at a community college
- Deep understanding of and commitment to the community college mission
- Senior/executive level experience overseeing complex financial and/or business operations and/or programs
- Experience with collective bargaining relationships and processes
Additional Job Information:
Initial salary placement $157,100 to $216,000, commensurate with education and experience.
More details about this position and working at Montgomery College can be found at:
The full search Prospectus can be found at:
- Applications should consist of a resume/curriculum vitae and cover letter (maximum five pages) addressing the candidate’s interest in the position, qualifications, and narrative addressing the Opportunities and Challenges listed in the search Prospectus.
- All applications submitted by February 5, 2021, will receive full consideration.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Application deadline is February 5, 2021.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools, and classes.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
More search results
University of Washington Bothell
Vice President for Advancement
University of Central Oklahoma
Vice President for Human Resources and Organizati…
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College
Senior Vice President for Development and Alumni …
The New School
Vice President for Advancement and Communications