Senior Director, Sponsored Projects & Financial Admin.
- Yale University
- New Haven, CT
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
The Senior Director of Sponsored Projects Financial Administration has responsibility for overseeing the post-award financial administration and business analytics functions relating to sponsored projects for Yale University. This key leadership position has a primary reporting line to the Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer with a dual reporting line to the Senior Associate Provost for Research Administration. The Senior Director is responsible for developing and maintaining effective and efficient policies, business processes, tools, and technology to sponsored projects financial administration and compliance at the university. The Senior Director is responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing post-award financial management training for faculty and staff in order to foster awareness, understanding, and support for a strong internal control environment regarding financial administration of sponsored projects at Yale University.
The Senior Director has direct oversight responsibility for the operations of the University's Office of Sponsored Projects Financial Management and Business Analytics teams. These operational responsibilities include grants and contract award set-up amendments, financial reporting creation and submission, invoicing, cash draws, collection, and application of payments, account receivables, financial closeouts, quality assurance of financial information and managing internal and external audits of such activity. The position is also responsible for overseeing the effort reporting process. This position requires a high degree of collaboration with other central financial and administrative offices as well as schools and units across the campus.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or related field and 10 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong, results-oriented leader with a demonstrated track record of delivering exceptional results in terms of both What and How work is accomplished. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, motivate and coach a team under tight deadlines. Ability to take initiative, prioritize workload, and work independently.
- Well-developed leadership, managerial, decision-making, planning, organizational, and problem-resolution skills. High level strategic planning skills. Ability to anticipate changes in the business environment and proactively lead and manage change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Highly collaborative with the ability to use formal and informal authority, influencing skills, good judgment, and analytical problem-solving ability. Ability to adapt communication style to address the needs of faculty and staff at all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of 2CFR 200, federal agency policy, and cost accounting standards. Understanding and hands-on experience with ERP systems in a high-volume sponsored award environment. Ability to guide and deploy the effective use of large complex, financial systems (Workday preferred) to facilitate adherence to federal regulations and sponsor requirements.
- Demonstrated appreciation and respect for principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Ability to engage with diverse audiences (age, gender, nationality, race/ethnicity, profession, etc.).
- Preferred Education and Experience: Advanced degree or certification in Business, Accounting or a related field. CPA with 10 or more years of experience in Grant and Contract Accounting and Administration in an academic, non-profit, or higher education consulting experience. Experience with federal contracts, the Federal Acquisition Regulations and federal funding agencies.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/YaleCareers-63525BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
More search results
Linux DevOps Engineer
University of California, Santa Barbara
New Mexico State University
Professor EOPS/CARE Counselor (Categorically fund…
Mt. San Antonio College
Assistant Professor - Mechanical Engineering - Te…
University of Arkansas, Mechanical Engineering
Acting Assistant Professor in Statistics
University of Washington, Department of Statistics