Tenure Track Faculty
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Rochester, NY
Tenure Track Faculty
College of Art and Design
CAD School of Photo Arts and Sciences
Faculty Type (Tenure Status): Tenure-Track
Faculty Discipline: Advertising Photography
Faculty Rank: Assistant Professor
Employment Category: Fulltime
Anticipated Start Date: 11-Aug-2021
The School of Photographic Arts and Sciences (SPAS) is internationally recognized for its professional study of photographic practices in a wide array of related disciplines, including advertising, fine art, photojournalism, visual media, and biomedical sciences and imaging technology. To learn more about the programs, faculty and students in SPAS, please visit http://cad.rit.edu/photography.
RIT's College of Art and Design is the university's creative hub where art, design, science, and technology intersect in its five schools: Art, Design, American Crafts, Film and Animation, and Photographic Arts and Sciences. The range of innovative programs offers students a panoramic perspective from creating fine art using centuries-old methods to pushing the boundaries of digital creativity. The College of Art and Design has an enrollment of more than 1,600 undergraduate students and 300 graduate students, https://rit.edu/artdesign.
Detailed Job Description
The School of Photographic Arts and Sciences invites applicants to apply for a tenure track, assistant professor position in its Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) program as an Advertising Photographer with significant experience and interest with digital asset management (DAM), tagging, and metadata as it pertains to digital imaging technologies. The appointment begins fall 2021. Successful candidates must be committed to introductory and upper level courses at the undergraduate level. Based on the demands of this area, ideal candidates will provide leadership and vision in the continued interdisciplinary vibrancy of the School's BFA program, its students and curriculum.
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to Student Centeredness; Professional Development and Scholarship; Integrity and Ethics; Respect, Diversity and Pluralism; Innovation and Flexibility; and Teamwork and Collaboration. Select to view links to RIT's core values, honor code, and diversity commitment.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- An MFA in photography or related media and professional experience with distinctions required for tenure track position. Applicants not holding an MFA degree may be considered for non-tenure track, professional lecturer position.
- Minimum of five-years’ experience in assignment photography with a substantial record of accomplishment
- Minimum two years of higher education teaching experience
- Portfolio should demonstrate:
- Professional experience with video capture and editing
- Professional experience with emerging technologies used in media today
- Professional experience of studio and location lighting
- Professional experience with concept and execution of photographic illustration
- Professional experience with digital workflow from capture to output
- Professional experience with digital compositing and retouching techniques
- Professional experience with real-time mobile workflow and editing
- Comprehensive knowledge of DAM and the evolution of metadata to meet contemporary industry needs
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences
- Evidence of ability to articulate and implement a dynamic vision for the future of the photography program in the School of Photographic Arts and Sciences
Required Minimum Education Level
Required Application Documents
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume, List of Publications, List of References, Portfolio of Students' Work, Portfolio of Work, Statement of Diversity Contribution, Statement of Teaching Philosophy
How To Apply
Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty. Keyword Search:5396BR
Please submit your online application; your cover letter addressing the listed qualifications; your current vita; and upload the following attachments:
- A contribution to diversity statement
- A teaching philosophy
- Examples of peer-reviewed published work
- A portfolio of a minimum of twenty (20) works, including images and videos (maximum size 5MB)
- Examples of student work (maximum size 5MB)
- The name, title, email address and phone number for three references
You can contact the search committee with questions about the position at:
Michael Peres, PhD
School of Photographic Arts and Sciences
Application review begins February 1, 2021 and continues until the position is filled.
The direct link to this posting can be found here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
Director & Professor of Advertising & Public Rela…
University of Texas at Austin
Assistant Professor in Stem Cell Biology or Regen…
University of California, Irvine
Assistant or Associate Professor of Strategic Man…
University of Houston-Downtown
Director of Athletics and Recreation
University of Chicago
Project Support Specialist
NMSU Aggie Service Center