Senior Instructional Designer/Online Learning Specialist
- University of Idaho
- Moscow, ID
University of Idaho
Senior Instructional Designer/Online Learning Specialist
Division/College: Provost (Div)
Employee Category: Exempt
Pay Range: $59,113 per year or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Senior Instructional Designer and Online Learning Specialist will utilize significant course and program development expertise to assist the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) and the University in their efforts to design, develop, and deliver superior courses and programs across instructional modalities, with an emphasis on online learning.
This position will assist in developing and implementing a vision for online excellence at the instructional and institutional levels and ensure the quality of the university's online-, blended-, hybrid-, and face-to-face courses. The Lead/Senior Instructional Designer and Online Learning Specialist will collaborate with the Director and other strategic partners to enhance the number, quality, reach, and impact of online courses and programs at the University of Idaho.
Reporting to the Director of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, this position will help develop, deliver, coordinate, support, and oversee online course, program, and faculty development efforts. This position will work 1:1 with faculty and academic leaders. This position will support a generative culture of online excellence and assist faculty in adopting and integrating pedagogical and technological innovations in their classes. This position works collaboratively with a diverse array of stakeholders to foster innovation and enhance student success through the growth and impact of exceptional online and related programs.
• Master’s degree in instructional design, online learning and pedagogy, educational technology, or related field plus three years of experience as an instructional designer/online learning specialist in an academic setting. An additional two years of experience and a bachelor’s degree in instructional design, online learning and pedagogy, educational technology, or related field can substitute for a Master’s degree.
• Experience working with online faculty, course and program development, design, and assessment.
• Experience with evidence-based strategies to support faculty in the development of high-quality programs, courses, and instructional skills.
• Experience with pedagogies and technologies to enhance teaching and learning across instructional modalities.
• Experience with course (re)design strategies.
• Experience implementing national quality standards and best practices related to online and in person courses.
• Experience with different Learning Management Systems and their application to aid teaching and learning.
• Experience presenting information formally and informally to small and large groups
• Experience prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience designing, developing, and delivering dynamic workshops, seminars, and institutes.
• Doctoral degree in instructional design, educational technology, online learning and pedagogy or related area, including traditional academic disciplines coupled with significant experience as an instructional designer/online learning specialist in a college or university setting.
• Five years or progressive experience working with faculty and staff in the design and delivery of courses at the college or university level.
• Knowledge of academic programs and curricula.
• Management experience in a higher education environment.
• Work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and academic leaders.
• A portfolio of successful work and initiatives designed, developed, and delivered by the candidate.
• Demonstrated faculty development experience and a record of scholarship in the field.
• University-level teaching and/or assessment experience.
• Experience with Instructional design software and computer programs used to develop and deliver professional quality media content.
• Experience with curriculum mapping strategies and practices.
• Inclusive, equity-minded instruction and accessibility standards.
• Design and delivery of online degree and certificate programs and courses.
• Developing assessment strategies for continuous improvement of programs and courses.
• Providing professional development programs and instructional support for college/university faculty.
• Good understanding of university policies and procedures.
Posting Number: SP002642P
Posting Date: 11/11/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
This position is open until filled, however, applications received on or before December 13, 2020 will receive first consideration.
In addition to the online application, please submit a resume and a detailed letter of qualification addressing all of the required and preferred qualifications.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
More search results
ASSISTANT or ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
New York University
Executive Director of Enterprise Risk Management
University of Denver
Dean of the Barney School of Business
University of Hartford
Director, School of Communication
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Assistant Professor of Interior Architecture
Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design, University of Houston