The Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Immunology is seeking a clinician in Rheumatology at the rank of Associate (non-track), Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, on the clinical track. The candidate will focus on building an outpatient practice and serving as an educator to medical students, residents, and fellows. Clinical duties may include rheumatology clinics and inpatient consultation services as the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and the Iowa City Veterans Affairs Health Care System. The Division enjoys a strong national reputation of excellence in research, patient care, and teaching.
- Must hold an MD/DO Degree or equivalent
- Board certified/eligible in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
- Strong oral and written communication/interpersonal skills
- Position requires completion of an ACGME-accredited Residency Program.
- Leadership and interpersonal strengths in relationships with colleagues, staff, and patients
- Ability to develop and implement new clinical programs
- Demonstrated experience and interest in basic, transitional, or clinical research
- Demonstrated experience in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows and/or related scholarly activity
- High levels of creativity with a demonstrated ability to work independently
For more information please contact:
Scott Vogelgesang, MD
Professor & Division Director
Division of Immunology
Department of Internal Medicine
Visit us on the web at: http://www.medicine.uiowa.edu
To apply for this position, please visit The University of Iowa website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for requisition number 74037.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sec, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veterans.
More search results
ASSISTANT or ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
New York University
Executive Director of Enterprise Risk Management
University of Denver
Dean of the Barney School of Business
University of Hartford
Director, School of Communication
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Assistant Professor of Interior Architecture
Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design, University of Houston