Associate/Full Professor of Marketing
- University of Connecticut
- Storrs, CT
The University of Connecticut's Marketing Department within the School of Business invites applications for a tenured position at the rank of Associate/Full Professor to begin in Fall 2021. For information on Department of Marketing faculty and programs, please visit http://Marketing.business.uconn.edu/.
The successful candidate for this position is expected to contribute to research and scholarship through high quality publications in top marketing journals, participate in prominent national and international academic conferences, and help guide research efforts within the department. A successful candidate will share a deep commitment to effective instruction, and may be expected to teach courses at the undergraduate, master’s, and/or Ph.D. levels, as well as supervise Ph.D. students. Additionally, a successful candidate will be expected to participate in outreach and service activities, and to assist the University in its efforts to broaden participation among members of under-represented groups; demonstrate through their research, teaching, and/or public engagement the richness of diversity in the learning experience; integrate multicultural experiences into relevant course content; contribute to the development of pedagogical techniques designed to meet the needs of diverse learning styles and intellectual interests.
Founded in 1881, UConn is a Land Grant and Sea Grant institution and member of the Space Grant Consortium. It is the state’s flagship institution of higher education and includes a main campus in Storrs, four regional campuses throughout the state, and 13 Schools and Colleges, including a Law School in Hartford, and Medical and Dental Schools at the UConn Health campus in Farmington. The University has approximately 10,000 faculty and staff and 32,000 students, including nearly 24,000 undergraduates and over 8,000 graduate and professional students. UConn is a Carnegie Foundation R1 institution, among the top 25 public universities in the nation. Through research, teaching, service, and outreach, UConn embraces diversity and cultivates leadership, integrity, and engaged citizenship in its students, faculty, staff, and alumni. UConn promotes the health and well-being of citizens by enhancing the social, economic, cultural, and natural environments of the state and beyond. The University serves as a beacon of academic and research excellence as well as a center for innovation and social service to communities. UConn is a leader in many scholarly, research, and innovation areas. Today, the path forward includes exciting opportunities and notable challenges. Record numbers of undergraduate applications and support for student success have enabled the University to become extraordinarily selective.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in marketing or a related field. Equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable.
- A record of publishing in premier marketing journals.
- A record of successful teaching at the master’s and/or Ph.D. level.
- A record of service contributions to the school, university and/or discipline.
- A deep commitment to promoting diversity.
- A record of mentoring doctoral students.
- An active research agenda that complements department research interests.
- A teaching portfolio that complements department needs.
- Interest and willingness to serve in leadership roles within the School of Business.
This position is a full-time, 9-month, tenured position with a start date of August 23, 2021. The compensation package will be commensurate with background, qualifications and experience. The successful candidate’s primary appointment will be at the Storrs campus with the possibility of assignment at other UConn regional campuses or in on-line instruction.
Please apply online to Academic Jobs Online https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/17292 and submit the following application materials:
- A cover letter specifically addressing your credentials relative to the minimum and preferred qualifications listed above.
- Curriculum vitae
- A one-page research and scholarship statement (with discussion of your substantive research focus and the methodological approaches that you use to address research, experience in proposal development, mentorship of graduate students, etc.)
- A one-page teaching statement (reflective of your teaching philosophy) with attached teaching evaluations for the last three years.
- A one-page commitment to diversity statement (as related to broadening participation, integrating multicultural experiences in instruction and research and pedagogical techniques to meet the needs of diverse learning styles, etc.)
- Interested candidates are encouraged, but not required, to provide three (3) letters of recommendation at the time of application. The search committee will require three (3) letters of recommendation for all candidates who are invited for an interview.
Evaluation of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Preference will be given to applications received by January 5, 2020.
If you have questions related to submitting your materials, please send a detailed inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org, with MKTG FACULTY SEARCH in the subject line.
Inquiries about the position can be directed to: Professor Deb Mitra, Search Committee Chair: email@example.com
At the University of Connecticut, our commitment to excellence is complemented by our commitment to building a culturally diverse community.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This position will be filled subject the budgetary approval.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.