Director of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Director of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions
The University of Georgia (UGA) seeks a visionary leader to serve as the next Director of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Building on the office’s excellent reputation and success, the Director will oversee UGA’s overall recruiting, admissions, and enrollment efforts, multiple scholarship programs and the orientation programs for both first-year and transfer students. The University seeks candidates who are innovative and accomplished leaders in their field, forward-thinking professionals with a demonstrated commitment to enhancing diversity in all forms, dedicated to furthering an accessible and inclusive campus environment, and have a strong commitment to excellence and high-quality customer service.
The University of Georgia, a land-grant/sea-grant university, is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education. UGA was founded in 1785 as the first state-chartered university in the country. More than 235 years later, the University of Georgia remains a national leader in higher education. The University is located in Athens, GA, approximately 75 miles northeast of Atlanta, and is consistently ranked among the top 20 public universities in the country.
The University’s enrollment exceeds 39,000 students, including approximately 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens. Additional information about the University of Georgia is available at http://www.uga.edu/.
As one of the top public universities in the nation, UGA offers a culture of academic excellence and opportunity made all the richer by our renowned faculty, diverse community of scholar-citizens, and vibrant student life program.
The Director of Undergraduate Admissions reports directly to the Vice President for Instruction. The Director will serve as the face of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, bring strong leadership and collaboration to achieve university strategic goals in recruiting, enrolling, and graduating a highly-qualified, talented, and diverse student body while seeking opportunities to increases access and affordability for qualifying students, regardless of their socioeconomic status.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions received over 30,000 applications last year for first-year and transfer students. Of the approximately 13,000 first-year students admitted each fall, about 5,600 enroll. The Office also oversees a number of scholarships and the orientation programs for both, first-year and transfer students. Additional information about the Office of Undergraduate Admissions is located at https://www.admissions.uga.edu/.
- Developing and leading the implementation and execution of a comprehensive undergraduate enrollment plan that is consistent with the University’s strategic goals and direction;
- Providing leadership in designing the institution’s enrollment strategy and expected to make sophisticated use of data, employ high-impact best practices in enrollment management, and inspire others to work collegially in achieving the University’s enrollment goals;
- Analyzing regional, national, and global market trends as well as current and anticipated demands for particular University programs;
- Working closely with a number of units at UGA, including the Office of the Registrar, the Office of Student Financial Aid, the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Office of Academic Planning, Deans, department heads, Athletics, and others;
- Maintaining and further expanding these campus partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of progressively responsible administrative experience in higher education admissions, enrollment management, or related relevant experience.
- Master’s or other advanced degree;
- A record of sound administrative, personnel, and fiscal management, preferably at a large higher educational institution;
- Background that includes developing, initiating, evaluating and improving recruitment, enrollment, communication and marketing plans and strategies;
- Ability to lead a performance-driven admissions team;
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work collegially with a wide range of internal and external constituencies.
Applications: Applicant screening will begin immediately. Candidates are encouraged to submit their materials by Thursday, December 10, 2020; however, screening will continue until the position is filled. The application packet should include a cover letter detailing how the applicant’s credentials and experience meet the needs, responsibilities, and qualifications stated above; a current resume; and contact information for three references (who will not be contacted without further correspondence with the applicant).
To request a descriptive Opportunity Profile for this position, provide a nomination, or seek additional information, please contact Damla Williams, Primary Consultant with the UGA Search Group, at 706-542-7344 or email@example.com. Letters of recommendation or a simple nomination should include the name and contact information for the nominee.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. As such, the University of Georgia is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. We not only strongly encourage women, minorities and other diverse candidates to consider applying for this position, but we also maintain that all candidates should share our commitment to diversity and inclusion. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (HRWeb@uga.edu). Please do not contact the department or search committee with such requests.
More search results
Open Rank Faculty Position in Life Sciences
Director, School of Geographical Sciences and Ur…
Arizona State University
Executive Director of Human Resources
LaGuardia Community College
Dean of the College of Nursing
Prairie View A&M University
Vice President of Instruction
Walla Walla Community College