Director of University Admissions
Towson University (TU) is one of the nation’s top 100 public universities. Located north of Baltimore, TU currently enrolls over 22,000 students and is the second-largest university in the prestigious University System of Maryland. Towson University values diversity and fosters a climate that is grounded in respect and inclusion to cultivate the intellectual and personal growth of the entire university community.
Towson University is seeking a dynamic Director of University Admissions to join an experienced and innovative Enrollment Management Team. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, the director is responsible for providing strategic leadership and management for University Admissions.
This leader will develop, implement, monitor and adjust all resources, activities and responsibilities related to recruitment and admissions for all undergraduate, graduate, and international applicants to strategically achieve enrollment goals and enroll a diverse class. The director will collaborate with University Marketing and Communications to develop a strategic communication plan based upon data analysis. This position will interact with many constituencies and partners both on and off-campus to achieve University enrollment goals and student outcomes.
The ideal candidate is a dedicated, creative, collaborative leader who will serve our diverse student community, partner with our workforce and community, and oversee our Admissions Office. Successful candidates will have demonstrated successful experience in developing, evaluating, and improving recruitment, enrollment, and marketing strategies from a data-driven perspective. A commitment to diversity and inclusion is essential.
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years of progressive leadership experience in College Admissions, including recruitment and enrollment planning and program development.
- Preferred qualifications of Master’s degree in a related field and five – seven years or more experience in a college admissions setting.
- Experience building and leading successful teams within and among University departments;
- Budget management;
- Excellent skill in data gathering, analysis and assessment;
- Familiarity and use of technology is critical.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to present to small and large groups in various types of venues;
- Demonstrated interest and attentiveness to cross-cultural communication;
- An understanding of and commitment to the mission and goals of public higher education.
- Applicant must have the ability to travel independently and on short notice.
A Criminal Background Investigation is required for the hired candidate, and the results may affect employment.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and full University benefits that include 22 days of annual leave, up to 14 holidays, personal and sick days; excellent health, life, and retirement plans; and tuition remission. To learn more about our benefits, click here.
TU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and qualified workforce to join our team. We offer a dynamic environment where you can expand your potential while contributing to the overall success of our growing institution.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application.
Position open until filled. Review of applications will begin on October 21, 2020.
To view and apply to current job openings please visit www.towson.edu/jobs.
Office of Human Resources
8000 York Road
Towson University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com.
Towson University is a smoke-free campus.
More search results
Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
University of San Francisco
Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic…
Stephen F. Austin State University
Principal, Compensation Leader
Director, Recruiting Operations
Visiting Instructor or Lecturer, Florida Interact…
University of Central Florida