- Nevada State College
- Henderson, NV
Assistant Professor of Business (Finance)
Nevada State College (NSC) appreciates your interest in employment. To ensure your application process runs smoothly, we ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- The required documents are listed below on the posting. Your application may not be considered if you do not attach the required documents.
- Draft applications are saved automatically and can be accessed through your candidate home account. Completed applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
- Please note, recruitment will close without notice when a hiring decision has been made.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact the Human Resources department at (702) 992-2320 or email@example.com.
The Department of Business at Nevada State College invites applications for an Assistant Professor in the area of Finance/Economics, to begin in the Fall of 2021.
About Nevada State College
Founded in 2002, Nevada State College (NSC) is a four-year public college located on a developing 512-acre campus in the foothills of Henderson, Nevada (adjacent to Las Vegas). Our faculty members enjoy the rare opportunity to mold the college as it continues to grow into a cornerstone of higher education in Southern Nevada. The average class size across campus is 27 students. For more information about NSC, watch this video about student life at NSC.
NSC, a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), serves over 5,000 students who are highly diverse and largely underserved; a majority of our students are first generation, racial/ethnic minorities, parents, and/or returning students. As a teaching-oriented institution, our faculty focus on high-quality instruction, engaging learning experiences, and innovative techniques to improve student learning.
About Business at NSC
The Department of Business serves over 400 business majors and 30 minors. We are dedicated to providing students with rigorous academic preparation and incorporating applied coursework into our classes. We aim to cultivate well-rounded students with the knowledge, critical thinking, and lifelong learning skills needed to succeed in the workplace and in graduate school.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
At Nevada State College, we celebrate the storied backgrounds of our campus community. We operate with a shared commitment to represent and serve the diverse population of Nevada and to encourage the exchange of ideas that respects and honors the lived experiences of our students, staff, and faculty. We foster a culture of inclusive excellence so our members can live authentically, fully engage, and flourish. In order to strengthen the college and progress its mission, the college dedicates itself to intentional and ongoing reflection to meeting the evolving needs of NSC, the surrounding communities, and the State of Nevada.
The ideal candidate will share the College's commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. As of Fall 2019, we currently enroll approximately 5,500 students in which 36% are Hispanic, 13% are Asian/Pacific Islander, 8% are Black/African American, 25% are White, and 14% are multiracial. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum that's culturally responsive to the students it serves.
Throughout your application materials, we encourage you to highlight your background and interest in fostering an inclusive campus culture and supporting the success of students who are historically underrepresented in higher education. For example, your efforts might include contributions in the areas of teaching, mentoring, advising, research, and/or institutional service.
- Teach 24 credits per academic year (4-4 teaching load), across a variety of modalities - in-person, online and hybrid
- Serve on departmental and college-wide committees
- Engage in scholarly activity within your discipline, or in the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Ph.D. in Business (Finance) or Economics, or a closely-related field. Candidates who are ABD are eligible to apply, with the expectation that the Ph.D. will be completed by July 31, 2021
- Applicants from an AACSB bridging Ph.D program with a Finance emphasis are also encouraged to apply. DBA applicants with experience in Personal Finance, Insurance, Banking or Financial Planning will also be considered
- Ability to teach across a range of Finance or Economics courses, such as Investments, Money and Capital Markets, and Insurance and Risk Management
- Eligibility to work in the United States (NSC does not sponsor visas for international employees)
Please note: Applicants must meet the posted minimum qualifications at the time of application in order to be considered for the position.
- Demonstrated dedication to, and interest in, working with a diverse student population
- Experience with teaching in-person
- Experience using online Learning Management Systems (NSC uses Canvas)
- We are looking for someone to possibly teach Statistics and or Macro/Micro Economics as well
- Industry experience in the Finance or Financial Services fields would be considered an asset
Rank, Salary & Benefits:
- Assistant Professor; Tenure-track.
- Budgeted Salary for the position is $110,000 per year (9-month appointment) with opportunities of additional overload pay in winter and summer sessions.
- Excellent benefits, including 15.25% retirement match, 11 paid holidays, beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, educational benefits, and health insurance plan that can be supplemented with flexible spending account or health savings accounts.
This Posting is Open Until Filled
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a hiring decision has been made.
Special Instructions for Internal NSHE Applicants
NSC employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE, UNLV, UNR, NSC, CSN, TMCC, WNC, GBC, or DRI) MUST use the “Find Jobs” process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at NSC and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site.
If you complete an application outside of the internal application process, your application will be returned and you will have to reapply as an internal applicant which may delay your application.
Please upload the following documents:
- Detailed CV listing relevant qualifications and experience;
- Letter of interest indicating why you are a good fit for the position and Nevada State College;
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy;
- Recent teaching evaluations from both in-person and online courses, if applicable
- Names and contact information of three references, at least one of whom can speak to your teaching ability (you will be notified before references are contacted).
The search committee may ask for more materials at later stages in the application process.
Throughout your application materials, we encourage you to highlight your background in fostering an inclusive campus culture and supporting the success of students who are historically underrepresented in higher education.
Applications that do not include the required uploaded documents may not be considered.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications in their cover letter. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
This position may require a criminal background check to be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Nevada State College does not currently sponsor Visas, all applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Nevada State College
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/NSC-external/job/NSC---Henderson/Assistant-Professor-of-Business--Finance-_R0121753
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency