Registrar and Manager of Student Academic Programs - The Fletcher School
- Tufts University
- Medford, Massachusetts
Equal Opportunity Employer –minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Registrar and Manager of Student Academic Programs - The Fletcher School - 20001518
The Fletcher School is the United States' first professional graduate school of international affairs. Since 1933 Fletcher's multi-disciplinary education in international relations, law, and business, has prepared the world's leaders to become innovative problem-solvers in government, private sector, and non-governmental organizations. The Fletcher School seeks to fulfill its mission in the most environmentally sensible way possible. We are also committed to increasing the diversity of our administrative staff. Members of under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Office of Student Academic Programs/Registrar is a multi-function, service-oriented office. Routine Registrar-type activities take place in this office (e.g. keeper of student files/records; course scheduling, enrollment in courses, processing degree and enrollment verifications, etc). The office is also responsible for managing exchange, dual and joint degree programs. The professional administrator spends the majority of their time advising and working with students to help ensure that they meet their academic & professional goals while at the same time meeting degree requirements and adhering to academic policies.
The Registrar and Manager of Student Academic Programs will be responsible for the following:
- Advising and counseling graduate professional school students (of whom 40% come from outside the US) regarding their academic programs.
- Overseeing all operations in the registration process (record creation, course schedule creation, classroom assignment, final exam scheduling, grade processing, transcript issuance, and student enrollment verification).
- With faculty and staff, planning and organizing the school's academic activities, including academic calendars.
- Maintaining academic information on Fletcher's intranet and main website.
- Enrollment management and reporting.
- Managing all of the school's exchange, dual, and joint degree programs.
- Advising and guiding students on ad hoc joint degree and exchange programs.
- Supervising the registration of students, maintenance of student records, and approving students for graduation.
- Providing major staff support to the School's two principal academic committees.
- Annually updating the school's course listings.
The Registrar and Manager of Student Academic Programs must ensure privacy, data integrity, and that the academic policies of The Fletcher School are adhered to and applied consistently.
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred.
- Experience managing complex records systems and computer systems development in a registrar's office or admissions office (specific experience with Peoplesoft preferred).
- Substantial university student affairs experience preferably in a Registrar's Office or Student Academic Programs Office, preferably in a selective, competitive professional school.
- Familiarity with international student issues.
- Superior skills in organization, communication, and interpersonal relations.
- Successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Student Services
Organization: Student Services-Fletcher
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 4, 2020, 1:06:00 PM
More search results
Agriculture Extension Director Assistant
University of Kentucky
DIRECTOR, MULTICULTURAL CENTER
University of California, Santa Barbara
Executive Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclu…
Assistant Director Landscape services
The Ohio State University
Program Operations Director, HSI Title V
New Mexico State University Alamogordo