Dean, WellStar College of Health and Human Services
- Kennesaw State University
- Kennesaw, GA
Dean, WellStar College of Health and Human Services
Kennesaw State University (KSU) invites applications and nominations for the next Dean of the WellStar College of Health and Human Services.
ABOUT KENNESAW STATE UNIVERSITY
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its nearly 38,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university’s vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated R2, community-engaged doctoral university, placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. Located in the Metro Atlanta area, Kennesaw State University enjoys direct access to a wealth of cultural and civic resources and maintains close ties with the surrounding professional communities.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
The WellStar College of Health and Human Services is a dynamic and diverse college composed of four academic units: the Department of Social Work and Human Services, the Department of Exercise Science and Sport Management, the Department of Health Promotion and Physical Education and the WellStar School of Nursing. The College also houses the Academy for Inclusive Learning and Social Growth and the Continuing Education Division. The WellStar College occupies a $60 million Health Science Building (Prillaman Hall). This LEED-certified, state-of-the-art building provides a quality facility of almost 200,000 square feet. The College is also well connected to the Convocation Center, sharing space with the University Athletics Department. It is a College on the move making significant contributions to excellence in education, community service (both locally and globally), and scholarship.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Dean will be a visionary leader who will be an integral part of the community—university and surrounding region—with several opportunities to significantly impact the continuing growth and success of the College. The Dean's responsibilities include overall leadership of the College; strategic planning and analysis of College operations; academic program development and enrollment management for departments and degree programs in the College; budget development; fundraising; faculty recruitment; liaison with department chairs and College staff; representing the College to the University administration, external partners, and alumni relations. The Dean reports to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The Dean will have the opportunity to continue expanding and nurturing the strong strategic partnership between the WellStar Health System and Kennesaw State University. WellStar is one of the largest integrated health systems in the southeast, with the mission of enhancing the health and well-being of all the people and communities it serves through its broad network of expert, compassionate providers and spectrum of healthcare facilities. In addition to WellStar Health System, the College partners with many organizations in the metro Atlanta area to provide education, research, and clinical training, enabling the University to attract some of the brightest students.
The successful candidate will have a distinguished record of achievement in teaching, scholarship, service, and/or professional practice commensurate with an appointment at the rank of professor. The candidate should also demonstrate a record of effective managerial leadership skills, clear communication, and accomplishments in diversity, inclusivity, shared governance, and community engagement. An earned doctorate is required, with a specialization related to the College’s educational mission.
It is preferred that the successful candidate possess the following qualifications:
- A flexible strategist with a record of successful leadership and the ability to develop and implement a bold vision for the future of the College;
- Evidence of instructional and research effectiveness within an R2 doctoral university setting;
- Cross-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary administrative experience including significant budgetary, personnel, and programmatic innovation and experimentation;
- Evidence of building strong leadership teams to implement strategic initiatives across and within the College, and evidence of working collaboratively with stakeholders;
- Demonstrated accomplishment in fostering excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching, learning and student success including retention and graduation rates;
- Ability to foster external relations activities by cultivating relationships with alumni, individual donors, corporations, and other stakeholders while collaborating with local, statewide, national and international professional communities;
- Demonstrated achievements in diversity, equity, and inclusion in academic and administrative settings;
- Capability to identify, recruit and retain strong leadership and faculty;
- Evidence of strong advocacy on behalf of students, chairs, faculty and staff members;
- Strong evidence of teaching, practice, and research represented within the WellStar College;
- Demonstrated experience overseeing large, complex budgets, fiscal matters, strategic planning and personnel management;
- Strong communicator and commitment to openness, collaboration and shared decision-making;
- A dynamic, visionary, and visible leader who can catapult the college into its next phase of growth and development.
Nominations and applications (letter of interest, CV, and contact information of at least five references), or expressions of interest can be submitted to the search firm assisting the University. Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. It is preferred, however, that all nominations and applications be submitted prior to October 13, 2020. Please submit all nominations and applications to:
Porsha Williams, Vice President
Jacob Anderson, Principal
Parker Executive Search
770-804-1996 ext. 111
Kennesaw State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
More search results
Tenure Track Faculty Position – Open Rank
Senior Scientist, Vector-Host Biology
Senior Scientist, Statistics
Senior Scientist, Molecular Bioanalytical Sciences
Senior Scientist, In vivo Gene Therapy Research