- Orlando, FL
The School of Visual Arts and Design (SVAD) at the University of Central Florida (UCF) invites applicants for a non-tenure earning, nine-month instructor or lecturer position in studio art. The anticipated start date is August 8, 2020.
The position requirements are teaching four courses per semester, active engagement in committee service, maintain regular office hours, curriculum development, participate in campus and community life, and other collective initiatives. The successful candidate for this position will be passionate about contributing to advancing the field through course and curricular development, student mentorship and active scholarship.
SVAD is a large, diverse unit that values interdisciplinary perspectives and experimental inquiry through making. SVAD is the largest school in the CAH at UCF located in Orlando, Florida. UCF placed No.16 in U.S. News & World Report “Most Innovative Schools” category in the 2020 Best Colleges Rankings and named the most-innovative “national university” in the state of Florida.
With approximately 1,700 majors and minors, we offer the following areas of study: animation, architecture, art history, photography, graphic design, emerging media, and studio art. UCF offers the following degrees: Architecture (B.Des.), Art (B.A. and BFA), Emerging Media (B.A., BFA, and MFA), and Photography (B.S.). More information about the school and our offerings is available at: svad.cah.ucf.edu.
- A non-terminal master’s degree (for an instructor) or a terminal degree (for a lecturer) in studio art from an accredited institution by start of appointment.
- Evidence of college-level teaching in studio art.
- An active creative practice.
- Effective communication skills.
- Candidates should be capable of designing and delivering all levels of drawing and studio art courses.
- Demonstrate outstanding life drawing (including anatomy) and design capabilities, strong grounding in formal design principles, creative problem solving, critical thinking, and critiquing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Have the ability to think and write critically about art.
Additional Application Materials Required
The university requires that all candidates apply online at https://www.ucf.edu/jobs In addition to the online application, please upload the following individual PDF documents:
1) a letter of application; 2) a CV; 3) a teaching philosophy; 4) up to three course syllabi/related teaching materials; 5) an artist statement; 6) contact information for three professional references; 7) a single, multi-page PDF that includes fifteen examples of personal work; and 8) a single, multi-page PDF that includes fifteen examples of student work, removing any identifying information. All images of personal work and student work should include: Title, medium, dimensions, and date. The selected candidate will need to provide official transcripts.
NOTE: When applying, please have all of your information and images ready to upload at the same time. The site will not accept more than 10MB total per applicant. The site does not allow the applicant to submit documents at a later date.
Candidates will not be considered until all of the above materials are received. Candidates are responsible for ensuring all materials have been uploaded correctly. The review of complete applications will begin on Thursday, January 9, 2020.
For further questions about this position, please contact Robert Rivers, at email@example.com.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf. As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
The University of Central Florida is an emerging preeminent research university located in metropolitan Orlando. According to U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges of 2019 guide, UCF ranks among the nation’s 10 most innovative universities. UCF is also ranked as a best-value university by Kiplinger, as well as one of the nation’s most affordable colleges by Forbes. The university confers more than 16,000 degrees each year and benefits from a diverse faculty and staff who create a welcoming environment and opportunities for all students to grow, learn and succeed.
More search results
University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine
Assistant or Associate Professor - Strategic Comm…
Texas Christian University
Notre Dame College
Assistant or Associate Professor in Mechatronic E…
California State University, Chico
Chair, Department of Physical Therapy
Grand Valley State University