Assistant or Associate Professor of Lighting Design
Assistant or Associate Professor of Lighting Design, Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film
The Johnny Carson School of Theatre and Film at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Lighting Design (tenure leading, salary competitive).
The Johnny Carson School is a NAST accredited institution and member of U/RTA offering the BA, BFA, and MFA in Theatre Arts with substantial endowments for technology/programmatic support/upgrades. The Carson School is part of the Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts that, through its endowment, further supports the theatre faculty and students by funding scholarships, student and faculty travel, and productions for the Nebraska Repertory Theatre.
The Nebraska Repertory Theatre, housed in the Johnny Carson School, is Nebraska’s only Equity Theatre and works in close collaboration with resident faculty and staff, and the Carson School’s production infrastructure. For more information, go to http://nebraskarep.org.
The successful candidate will teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including but not limited to: Lighting Design (all levels); 3D drafting and rendering techniques; and other courses in areas of theatre expertise; mentor/supervise undergraduate and graduate students.
• MFA in Lighting.
• Professional experience as a Lighting Designer of Live Performance (2 years).
• Academic experience as Lighting Design faculty in teaching of undergraduate and/or graduate students (2 years).
• Student recruitment and retention experience.
• Evidence of current expertise in pedagogical trends in the fields of Lighting Design.
• Evidence of the ability to balance excellent teaching, scholarship, and service.
• Experience in working collaboratively with colleagues and communities.
• Membership in a professional Union such as IATSE/USA 829 .
• Ability to teach traditional design practices and innovative design skills, including knowledge of digital design/rendering techniques.
• Experience teaching computer skills as related to best current practices in professional theatre. (This includes but is not limited to use of VectorWorks Spotlight, 2D and 3D rendering techniques as well as pre-visualization.)
• Demonstrated commitment to and excellence in teaching diverse student populations, including first generation college students.
• Experience in successful student outcomes and mentorship.
Optional qualifications, based on the specific interests and areas of expertise of the candidate:
• Evidence of the experience and expertise to serve as Head of the area of Design/Technology, with the capacity to further develop, administer and supervise a premier program at a Research I University.
• Skills and experience in other design and technology fields; which may include projections design or engineering, sound design or engineering, production management, or other medias.
• Professional Lighting Design experience in Film/TV, and other extended design fields/technologies.
How to apply:
The search committee will begin formal review of applications on October 18, 2019, and will continue until an appointment is made. To be considered for this position, please go to http://employment.unl.edu, requisition #F_190152 and click on “Apply to this job.” Complete the information form and attach the following required documents:
• Cover letter addressing qualifications specific to this job description.
• Complete curriculum vitae.
• Descriptions of teaching and artistic work (upload under “Other Document”).
• Names and contact information of three references.
Finalists will be invited to campus for interviews and teaching demonstrations in November 2019.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
More search results
Assistant or Associate Professor of Remote Sensin…
Michigan Technological University
Assistant Professor, Tenure-Track Faculty Positio…
California Polytechnic University, Pomona
Assistant / Associate Professor - Theoretic Solar…
New Jersey Institute of Technology
President, Jackson State Community College
Jackson State Community College
Assistant Professor of Music (Orchestral and Inst…
Binghamton University Music Department