Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Austin Peay State University invites applications and nominations for an accomplished leader to serve as the Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer (AVP/CIO). The AVP/CIO is a crucial role in creating, communicating and implementing a strategic vision for technology that works across divisions to support APSU’s academic, administrative, strategic and tactical goals.
The AVP/CIO partners with University leadership to strategically plan and invest in technology solutions that support the ever-changing needs of the student body, faculty, staff and administration. The AVP/CIO serves as a change management expert and collaborator, engaging stakeholders in change efforts that are incremental as well as transformational across the institution. The AVP/CIO leads the Office of Information Technology (OIT) through continuous improvement as well as through the adoption of industry recognized best practices, service delivery and project management. The AVP/CIO also represents the University in local, regional and national IT organizations.
Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration, the AVP/CIO will serve as a vital contributor to the leadership team and as a member of the President’s Cabinet. The AVP/CIO collaborates with the University’s senior leadership, deans, department chairs, faculty, staff, students and community partners to leverage best practices across APSU, a university that prides itself on the pursuit of excellence. The AVP/CIO supervises six direct reports and a total staff of 30.
Essential qualifications include experience developing and executing technology strategic plans and deploying complex technologies; experience building a positive, supportive team culture; effective oral and written communication, listening, and relationship-building skills, with a customer-centered orientation.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology Management, Business Administration, Management or related field.
- A minimum five years of progressive experience and demonstrated achievement in leading and managing a complex technology organization.
- Candidates must be able to support the University’s goals for institutional diversity, access and inclusion.
- A background search will be required of the successful applicant.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Each applicant must include the names and contact information for three references, one of which must be from your most recent or current employer, with your application materials. Many people add this to the end of the CV/Resume.
Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.
Please refer all questions to HumanResources@apsu.edu
Applications taken ONLINE ONLY at http://www.apsu.edu/human-resources
IT IS A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR TO MISREPRESENT ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
Austin Peay State University (APSU) does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by APSU. See Non-discrimination Policy.