Assistant/Associate Professor - Theater & Dance
The Austin Peay State University Department of Theatre and Dance is seeking a tenure-track, nine-month, full-time faculty for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Dance. Applications are open for this position to begin August 1, 2020.
The Theatre and Dance program is the fastest growing program on the APSU campus. The Department of Theatre & Dance offers two Bachelor of Arts degrees in Theatre or Dance and a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with concentrations in Acting, Dance, Design, and Musical Theatre. Minors in Theatre and Dance are popular choices for many students. A main stage, seating just fewer than 200, as well as a laboratory black box theatre currently houses six productions each academic year. Additionally, the program is supported by two spacious dance studios and rehearsal spaces for acting, directing and voice work which may also function as alternative performance spaces.
Austin Peay State University’s Department of Theatre & Dance launched its Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts degrees with concentrations in Acting/Directing, Musical Theatre, Design, and Dance in Fall of 2015. Our main stage season typically includes plays, musicals, and dance concerts. APSU is Tennessee’s designated comprehensive liberal arts institution and supports and promotes an atmosphere that is unusual at a public university. APSU is also home to the Centre of Excellence in Creative Arts, the only university in the state with this designation. Theatre and Dance are integral parts of the Center of Excellence for the Creative Arts (www.apsu.edu/creativearts). A long-established state-funded initiative, APSU’s Center of Excellence for the Creative Arts is designed to enhance the cultural environment of the university, community, and region through a diverse range of imaginative arts experiences.
A Focus on Diversity:
Austin Peay State University prides itself on its incredibly diverse student body and seeks to make sure its faculty and staff reflect that same diversity. The Department of Theatre and Dance is a part of the APSU College of Arts and Letters. As such, the College reiterates its commitment to diversity through its own Diversity Statement:
“The College of Arts & Letters at Austin Peay State University is committed to an active, intentional, and ongoing engagement to foster diversity. Providing diverse voices and viewpoints is essential to achieving our mission and vision of educating informed global citizens. We welcome all people, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, political views, or veteran status and we seek to safeguard the safety, dignity, and well-being of all people. We encourage and accept expressions of diversity in all of its forms.”
Austin Peay State University is located approximately 50 miles northwest of Nashville, TN.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
- A terminal degree (MFA or PhD) in Dance or related discipline is required;
- Evidence of potential ability in academic assignment and/or scholarly and creative achievement, and/or professional contributions and activities;
- Evidence of good character, mature attitude, and professional integrity;
- Evidence of a respect for and an ability to work with a diverse student body;
- A background search will be required of the successful applicant.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- At least 3 years’ teaching experience in higher education preferred;
- Candidates who can contribute to our curriculum in one or more of the following specialty areas: Choreography and Dance for Musical Theatre, World Dance forms, Dance History, Classical Ballet technique and repertoire, Somatic forms and Dance technology.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Each applicant must include the names and contact information for three references, one of which must be from your most recent or current employer, with your application materials. Many people add this to the end of the CV.
- Two letters of recommendation must be included;
- A Teaching Philosophy must be included;
Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.
Please refer all questions to email@example.com
Applications taken ONLINE ONLY at http://www.apsu.edu/human-resources
IT IS A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR TO MISREPRESENT ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
Austin Peay State University (APSU) does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by APSU. See Non-discrimination Policy.
More search results
Dean of the School of Continuing and Professional…
Dean, School of Education
Assistant Professor, Postsecondary Education
University of Northern Iowa
Dean of Enrollment Management and Student Services
Community College of Baltimore County
Assistant Professor/Professor - Lateral - School …
University of California, Berkeley