The Department Of Social Work at Austin Peay State University (APSU) is recruiting applicants to fill the tenure-track position of Assistant Professor for Fall 2020.
The Social Work Department fosters faculty/student mentoring to encourage students’ involvement in research and service projects in the surrounding communities. The University’s orientation to student success and our small classroom environment enhances the faculty’s ability to mentor and build relationships with students. The faculty and student body of the Social Work Department at Austin Peay is racially/ethnically diverse and dynamic. We have seven full time faculty that serve approximately 300 undergraduate Social Work majors in our BSW program and 50 graduate students in our advanced generalist MSW program. We offer one undergraduate certification, Child Welfare Certification, in partnership with the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services.
Our faculty and students are involved in the community through our many committees and student organizations, and have been involved in many projects that support the APSU campus and the surrounding community. Our campus represents the diversity of the local community and the state, and we believe that all are enriched and unified by this diversity. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people with the commitment and ability to work with a diverse student population.
The social work department is an integral part in the areas of research, course development and continuing education for practitioners. A multi-disciplinary Center for the Study of Military Life developed by the College of Behavioral and Health Sciences provides an opportunity to study all aspects of military life as they impact the service member, the military family and community, and the nation.
Austin Peay State University is conveniently located near downtown Clarksville, Tennessee, which is in a centralized location surrounded by rural communities and is within an hour’s drive to Nashville, the capitol of Tennessee, and the heart of country music.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
- Ph.D. in Social Work or a closely related field; ABD will be considered if all requirements are completed by date of hire (August 1, 2020);
- A MSW from a CSWE-accredited program is required;
- A minimum of two (2) years’ of post-MSW practice experience is required;
- Of particular interest are candidates who have experience in teaching research, policy, and macro practice;
- We are especially interested in candidates who have had military experience or affiliation, or who have a strong interest in research pertaining to military life;
- A background search will be required of the successful candidate.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Each applicant must include the names and contact information for three references, one of which must be from your most recent or current employer, with your application materials. Many people add this to the end of the CV.
Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.
Please refer all questions to email@example.com
Applications taken ONLINE ONLY at http://www.apsu.edu/human-resources
IT IS A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR TO MISREPRESENT ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
Austin Peay State University (APSU) does not discriminate against students, employees, or applicants for admission or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by APSU. See Non-discrimination Policy.
More search results
Dean of the School of Continuing and Professional…
Dean, School of Education
Assistant Professor, Postsecondary Education
University of Northern Iowa
Dean of Enrollment Management and Student Services
Community College of Baltimore County
Assistant Professor/Professor - Lateral - School …
University of California, Berkeley