Systems Administrator III
- Charter Oak State College
- New Britain, CT
CHARTER OAK STATE COLLEGE
ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION OPENING
Position: Systems Administrator III
Salary: $62,285 approximate annual, plus State supported benefits
Position Summary: The Systems Administrator III manages and maintains the Charter Oak technology infrastructure. Includes resource management, physical and virtual computer configuration and deployment; provides technical support to the end-user community; develops and maintains physical server-based and virtual technologies, and systems maintenance and deployment.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in MIS/Computer Science or other computer related field. Minimum of three (3) years combined relevant experience in the design, implementation, and support of a Windows based network. Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental computing and networking methodologies and technologies, Microsoft server technologies such as Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, and Active Directory.
Preferred Qualifications: Technology certifications such as MCP/MCSE, CCNA/CCIE, VCA/VCP as well as related virtual technology skills and experience, especially VMware based technologies such as vSphere/vCenter esxi, and virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) using VMware View.
- Manages information technology resources including servers, client computers, network and telecommunication equipment.
- Maintains and implements information technology plans, computer services, and network communication
- Manages and administers the end-user network and data center systems.
- Develops and maintains disaster recovery systems, documentation, performance & capacity monitoring
- Administers Windows domain including infrastructure services such as DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, group policy.
- Implements PC installations of laptops and virtual desktops.
- Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations of computing and information technology functions.
- Maintains current knowledge of professional issues
- Provides end-users support for MS Windows, Office Suite, and other PC Applications
- Performs other duties as assigned
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by October 27, 2019 at www.charteroak.edu/AboutUs/Employment.
CHARTER OAK STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. MEMBERS OF MINORITY GROUPS AND PROTECTED CLASSES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
More search results
Dean of the School of Engineering
Dean, College of Humanities and Fine Arts
University of Massachusetts Amherst
SUNY System Administration
Dean of the School of Natural and Behavioral Scie…
Dean, Maine School of Law
University of Maine School of Law