Systems Administrator II
- Charter Oak State College
- New Britain, CT
CHARTER OAK STATE COLLEGE
ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION OPENING
Position: Systems Administrator II
Salary: $54,870 approximate annual, plus State supported benefits
Position Summary: The Systems Administrator II assists with issues related to the technology infrastructure including physical and virtual configuration deployment; provides technical support to the end-user community; develops and maintains physical server-based and virtual technologies, and systems maintenance and deployment.
Minimum Qualifications: Two (2) years relevant experience in the design, implementation, and support of a Windows based network. Demonstrated knowledge of fundamental computing and networking methodologies and technologies, Microsoft server technologies such as Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, and Active Directory.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in MIS/Computer Science or computer-related field. Technology certifications such as MCP/MCSE, CCNA/CCIE, VCA/VCP.
- Monitors network and data center systems.
- Supports Windows domain and client computing infrastructure.
- Responsible for management and maintenance of client endpoints – includes desktops, laptops, tablets, virtual desktops and all peripherals.
- Implements PC installations of laptops and virtual desktops.
- Provides end-user support for MS Windows, Office Suite, and other PC Applications.
- Assist with management of all ancillary Information Technology resources (Servers, Client computers, telecommunication equipment).
- Maintains documentation, monitors performance & capacity planning.
- Maintains current knowledge of professional issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by October 27, 2019 at www.charteroak.edu/AboutUs/Employment.
CHARTER OAK STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. MEMBERS OF MINORITY GROUPS AND PROTECTED CLASSES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.