- Missouri University of Science and Technology
- Rolla, MO
MISSOURI UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Associate Vice Chancellor of Research
Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T) invites nominations and applications for an innovative leader to serve as the Associate Vice Chancellor of Research (AVCR). Reporting to the Vice Chancellor of Research, the AVCR participates in strategic planning and implementation, assists in the formulation of research directions and policies for the institution, and represents research administration on a variety of groups and committees.
The duties of the AVCR include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in strategic planning and implementation of research directions and policies.
- Facilitate and promote interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary research collaborations and programs at Missouri S&T.
- Engage with regional and national research organizations and initiatives, and present the institution’s research externally and internally.
- Assist in facilitating initiatives intended to grow and develop the institution’s research capabilities and capacity.
- Assist in reaching the research milestones set by the most recent Missouri S&T strategic plan.
- Act as Research Integrity Officer receiving and managing allegations of research misconduct under existing Missouri S&T, UM System, and Federal policies.
Interested candidates should submit electronically: 1) a detailed cover letter, 2) a curriculum vitae, 3) a perspective on their views regarding current and emerging challenges facing University research, and 4) current contact information for at least three professional references to Missouri S&T's Human Resources Office. Apply at https://hr.mst.edu/careers/ (Job Opening ID: 31594) Applications will be reviewed starting November 15, 2019 and the review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- Earned doctoral degree from an accredited university. Candidates with an earned Master’s degree from an accredited university will be considered depending on years of experience and other qualifications.
- Extensive knowledge and involvement in extramural grant funding including leadership, administration, and oversight.
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Evidence of developing successful research collaborations.
- Experience managing research staff not including graduate students.
- Leadership experience in a national laboratory, or in a federal funding agency, or in a federal or industrial research organization.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
More search results
Department Chair, Chemical and Biochemical Engine…
Missouri University of Science and Technology
Dean - College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Southeast Missouri State University
Dean, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Washington University in St. Louis
University of Missouri–St. Louis
Dean of College of Education, Health, and Human S…
Southeast Missouri State University