Summary: The Assistant Director, Social Media is responsible for day-to-day management of the Division of Advancement’s social media channels. This position leads implementation of strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them, help convert them into active participants in alumni activities and, ultimately, fundraising campaigns. As the social media subject matter expert for the division, this assistant director, social media has command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, guides asset development in collaboration with the Creative and Editorial Services team and understands how to build and convert a digital audience.
This position is part of the Digital Services team within CME-IT and reports to the Director, Digital Services. This team works collaboratively with key stakeholders across University Advancement to ensure seamless integration of the social media experience with all communications touch points.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant as well as UA-branded/division-wide social media platforms (i.e. the Mbassadors program)
- Create and/or guide development of shareable content and assets appropriate for specific social networks to engage alumni and donors and drive participation in key initiatives
- Manage on-going development and implementation of social media content and posting calendar
- Monitor all social media accounts for user comments and respond or escalate appropriately
- Explore ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our target audiences/alumni segments
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and conversions from our social network presence
- Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives and provide reports on social media ROI/ROE
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of work experience managing social media channels; an equivalent combination of education and experience (including internships, co-ops and freelance work) may be considered
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use data and audience insights to inform decisions
- Must be knowledgeable about the latest social media developments, emerging trends and technologies and be able to communicate this knowledge clearly and concisely to the team
- Proficiency in using social media software to monitor social media conversations
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
Special Instructions to Applicants: Required documents include resume, cover letter, and list of three references.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.