Clinical Placement Specialist(Academic Internship Specialist) - Health Services/Health Information M
- CUNY School of Professional Studies
- New York, NY
Clinical Placement Specialist(Academic Internship Specialist) - Health Services/Health Information Mgmt.
Job ID: 21082
Location: School of Professional Studies
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS) provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education. CUNY SPS was ranked in the top 5% in the Nation in U.S. News & World Report’s list of the 2019 Best Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs.
Drawing on CUNY's nationally and internationally renowned faculty and practitioners, as well as industry and education partners, the School's programs provide opportunities for personal growth, job mobility, greater civic participation, and new ways to advance knowledge.
Reporting to the Academic Director of Health Information Management (HIM) and Health Services Administration (HSA) BS degree programs, the Clinical Placement Specialist, in addition to the CUNY Title Overview, will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Coordinate all student-placements needed each semester and submit requisite paperwork to clinical facilities for students’ participation on a timely basis;
• Liaise with HIM professionals in hospitals and clinics to coordinate clinical placements via email, online application, phone and/or in person;
• Research, identify and track all facility requirements at each clinical placement site and communicate these requirements to students in a timely and responsive manner;
• Communicate with all HIM students on an ongoing basis to ensure that student records are up to date, send out notifications when requirements are not met, including immunizations, liability insurance, health insurance, criminal background checks and any other required information;
• Communicate confirmed or changed clinical placement agreements with Academic Director, instructors, program coordinators and students for all Professional Practice Experiences in the HIM program;
• Monitor affiliation agreements with clinical facilities to ensure that they are current and liaise with CUNY SPS Counsel regarding affiliation agreement updates and Liability Insurance Certificates;
• Review student’s clinical clearance documentation in the document management system;
• Train students regarding clinical clearance process and use of the system;
• Schedule students to attend mandatory facility orientations and training as needed;
• Maintain HIPAA & FERPA standards;
• Manage and maintain all records of facility contacts; attend meetings at clinical partner sites as required;
• Conduct site visits to clinical sites to confirm that faculty and students are meeting course and facility expectations.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification;
• Understanding of clinical placements in fields of Health Information Management and Health Services Administration;
• Experience working in higher education; Ability to work effectively in a diverse multi-cultural environment with students, faculty and staff;
• Experience with regulatory and/or accreditation policies preferred;
• Excellent organizational, time management, negotiation and problem-solving skills;
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
• Attention to detail;
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written);
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting, as well as independently with limited supervision;
• Professional demeanor; ability to understand boundaries (with external agencies, institutions).
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
- Supports an academic internship program providing career development and professional work experience.
- Acts as liaison between the College and employer sponsors, monitoring the success of students' internship experiences
- Supervises student internships, assuring adherence to related College and governmental policies and regulations
- Creates and conducts orientation sessions and workshops for students in the internship program; coordinates applications, interviews, and placement as part of overall student outreach
- Provides faculty orientation and development related to internship programs
- Implements and evaluates competencies and other success factors
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience up to $71,723.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select Apply Now , create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using Job ID# 21082 or Title.
New closing date: October 17, 2019
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Dean, College of Education
Associate Vice President for Facilities and Servi…
New Mexico State University
Dean of the School of Continuing and Professional…
Dean, School of Education
Dean of Enrollment Management and Student Services
Community College of Baltimore County