Assistant Professor - Marketing (2 Positions)
- CUNY Brooklyn College
- Brooklyn, NY
Assistant Professor - Marketing (2 Positions)
Job ID: 21114
Location: Brooklyn College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Brooklyn College, a senior College of the City University of New York (CUNY), invites applications for two full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor positions in Marketing in the Department of Business Management within the Murray Koppelman School of Business with a starting date in August 2020.
The Murray Koppelman School of Business offers both undergraduate and graduate degree programs through its four departments – Accounting, Business Management, Economics, and Finance. The Department of Business Management is home to 25 full-time faculty as well as industry experts and staff who are committed to equip students with the knowledge and skills in business management necessary to (1) succeed in professional careers in management, marketing, human resource management, operations management, business analytics, and international business, (2) start and develop companies or non-for-profit organizations, and (3) be prepared for further education.
Brooklyn College serves students from as many as 150 countries who speak over 100 languages and dialects and thus constitutes a vibrant microcosm of the rich diversity and energy that characterizes the borough of Brooklyn and the greater New York City area itself. Its mission features “a special commitment to educate immigrant and first-generation college students from the diverse communities that make up our city and state.” The college ethos is strongly invested in the educational and eventual career success of a population that encompasses a vast multiplicity of nationalities, ethnicities, religions, cultures and languages. We are committed to fostering a spirit of camaraderie and shared ideals across the entire spectrum of our varied constituency. By accessing a first-class and affordable college education in an inclusive and nurturing intellectual milieu, our students acquire the skills, confidence, and global mindedness that allow them to compete and thrive in a rapidly changing, unpredictable marketplace of ideas that is increasingly mindless of borders and spans the gamut of cultures and vernaculars.
To this end, the college seeks faculty who are eager to engage with the diversity of our student body and have a demonstrated commitment to inclusion and heterogeneity through teaching, research and/or service. We seek to recruit and retain faculty from historically underrepresented groups who reflect the mosaic of our student population. Successful candidates will bring their unique creativity, sensitivity, insights and perspectives to a community that welcomes innovation in scholarship and teaching. Together we will model the finest that a public urban liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies college can be for the present and future.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses
- Develop and maintain a research agenda in Marketing and related topics
- Student advisement and research mentoring
- Share responsibility for committee, departmental and college-wide assignments, perform administrative, supervisory, and other functions as required.
- Ph.D. in Marketing (candidates with interest and background in Marketing Analytics preferred) awarded by an AACSB-accredited school of business by December 31, 2020.
- Demonstrated potential for effective teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Demonstrated potential for scholarly research and peer-reviewed publications
- Demonstrated commitments to diversity and inclusion
- Experience with online teaching or learning
Salary commensurate with experience and credentials. All appointments are subject to financial availability.
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
STEP ONE – Visit https://tinyurl.com/y68roppz and click "Apply Now"
Applicants should upload the following in .doc, .pdf, or .rtf format:
- An application letter indicating the Assistant Professor-Marketing position, and should detail how their teaching, service and/or scholarship has supported the success of students from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in their academic fields; applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should note how their work will further CUNY’s commitment to diversity.
- Current and detailed curriculum vitae
- A one-page document describing the candidate’s three-year research agenda - Copies of publications and/or working papers
STEP TWO - Go to https://websql.brooklyn.cuny.edu/hrref/
All applicants are required to have three confidential letters of recommendation submitted electronically by their recommenders by visiting the link above and entering the contact information for three (3) recommenders.
The online system will automatically email your recommenders a request to submit a letter via the system. Full instructions will be provided.
Emailed or hard copy applications will not be considered.
November 05, 2019
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
More search results
Dean of the School of Continuing and Professional…
Dean, School of Education
Assistant Professor, Postsecondary Education
University of Northern Iowa
Dean of Enrollment Management and Student Services
Community College of Baltimore County
Assistant Professor/Professor - Lateral - School …
University of California, Berkeley