SMU Meadows School of the Arts
- SMU Meadows School of the Arts
The Meadows School educates visionary artists, scholars and arts and communications professionals prepared to create sustainable and transformative impact on both local and global society.
- Advancing excellence in education, scholarship, and artistic expression
- Fostering understanding of aesthetic, social, political and cultural traditions
- Cultivating ideas, creativity, craft, interpretation and leadership
- Exploring convergence and divergence in the communication, performing and visual arts
- Building intellectual and civic communities within, across and beyond the university’s walls
- Promoting responsible stewardship of resources
- Recruit and retain top artists, professionals and scholars.
- Offer innovative undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Deliver personalized, active learning.
- Cultivate a broad definition and understanding of success.
- Promote social responsibility and entrepreneurship.
- Offer students international and intercultural opportunities.
- Create a climate that encourages and values diversity.
- Build an environment that encourages responsibility, collaboration, creativity and depth.
- Align resources to support mission, values and goals