Women on the MoveLet's congratulate the April 2013 women seeking new opportunities
• Cecile Aitchison moves from associate vice chancellor for institutional development at the University of Michigan at Dearborn to VP for advancement and chief executive of the foundation at University of Southern Maine.
• Dr. Heidi M. Anderson moves from VP for institutional effectiveness at the University of Kentucky to provost and VP of academic affairs at the University of the Sciences PA on July 1.
• Dr. Susan Bakewell-Sachs moves from interim provost and VP for academic affairs at the College of New Jersey to VP for nursing affairs and dean of the school of nursing at Oregon Health & Science University.
• Dr. Rebecca M. Blank will become chancellor of the University of Wisconsin at Madison in July. Now the acting U.S. secretary of commerce, she has been dean of the Gerald R. Ford school of public policy at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor.
• Dr. Sharon Blanton moves from chief information officer at Portland State University OR to chief information officer and VP at Hawaii Pacific University.
• Susan K. Bolt moves from VP for finance and administration at Kettering University MI to VP for finance and administration at Saint Mary’s College IN.
• Dr. Michelle Brown moves from associate athletic director for academics and student services at Florida Atlantic University to director of academic support program for student athletes at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
• Dr. Nicolette DeVille Christensen has become COO at Arcadia University PA. She was VP of the college of global studies.
• Dr. Kathleen “Casey” Crabill moves from president at Raritan Valley Community College NJ to president of Onondaga Community College NY.
• Dr. Kim Coplin moves from associate provost to interim provost at Denison University TX.
• Dr. Kimberly R. Cline moves from president at Mercy College NY to president at Long Island University system NY.
• Dr. Kathy Cruz-Uribe will become chancellor of Indiana University East on July 1. She has been provost and VP of academic affairs at California State University in Monterey Bay since 2007.
• Dr. Nancy Dunlap moves from physician in residence at the national Governors Associate Center DC to dean of the University of Virginia school of medicine.
• Dr. Suzanne Fortier will become principal and vice-chancellor at her alma mater, McGill University in Montreal, in September. She is president of the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council of Canada and has been a faculty member and top administrator at Queen’s University in Canada.
• Myra Garcia will become VP for university advancement at the University of LaVerne CA by June 1. She is now VP of institutional advancement at Wagner College NY.
• Christine Godfrey moves from director of human resources at Dominican University of California to VP for human resources at Hawaii Pacific University.
• Dr. Connie Gores will become president of Southwest Minnesota State University on July 1. She has been VP of student life and development at Winona State University MN since 2007.
• Dr. Pamela Gunter-Smith will become president of York College PA on June 30. She has been provost and VP of academics at Drew College NJ since 2006.
• Dr. Kerry Healey will become the first female president of Babson College MA on July 1. She was lieutenant governor of Massachusetts from 2003-2007 and has been a fellow at her alma mater Harvard University MA, in its Kennedy Institute of Politics and its Center for Public Leadership.
• Vanessa J. Herman moves from director of government and external relations at Applied DNA Sciences NY to assistant VP for government and community relations at Pace University, NYC.
• Dr. Janice Hudgings moves from associate dean of faculty and professor of physics at Mount Holyoke College MA to VP for academic affairs and dean at Pomona College CA.
• Laura Hutchinson moves from interim to VP and dean of student development at Earlham College IN.
• Jean Lang moves from campus registrar at Washington State University to registrar at Hawaii Pacific University.
• Dr. Karla Leeper adds to her position of chief of staff as the VP for executive affairs at Baylor University TX.
• Dr. Teresa R. McKinney moves from dean of students at Chicago State University IL to assistant VP for student affairs at the University of North Texas.
• Dr. Deidre Mageean, dean-in-resident at the Council of Graduate Schools in Washington DC and a professor at East Carolina University, will become provost and senior VP for academic affairs at Cleveland University OH on July 1.
• Dr. Toni Steffensen Pauls moves from associate VP for academics and dean of the adult degree program at Warner Pacific College OR to VP for adult learning at the University of Saint Francis IN.
• Moira Scott Payne moves from the program director of art and media at Scotland’s University of Dundee to provost and VP for academic affairs at the Cornish College of the Arts WA.
• Deloris Pettis moves from risk and audit services consultant for Barone and Associates NY to VP for enterprise risk management at Northeastern University MA.
• Dr. Caroline Simon moves from associate dean of teaching and learning at Hope College MI to provost and executive VP at Whitworth University WA.
• Magda Stayton, former executive director of Wellness in a Box CT to associate VP for health affairs development at Quinnipiac University CT.
• Marjorie Thomas, JD moves from VP for student affairs at the College of Charleston SC to dean of students at the College of William and Mary VA.
• Dr. Sandra Westbrooks moves from provost to acting president at Chicago State University IL
• Dr. Sophia Wisniewska moves from chancellor at Pennsylvania State University at Brandywine to chancellor at the University of South Florida at St. Petersburg.